1x8 Cat-5 USB KVM Switch with Virtual Media and CAC
The Avocent AutoView AV2108 is a Cat5 KVM appliance which supports a single local user to manage up to 8 server or serial devices. Each AutoView switch provides Virtual Media and CAC support via four USB 2.0 ports. When additional systems are added, AutoView switches can be tiered to provide consolidated management of up to 256 server or serial devices.
The Avocent AutoView KVM switch ships with two intuitive, integrated management interfaces. The OSCAR on-screen display for local access and the Web User Interface provides remote management for switches that have been upgraded to 1 remote KVM over IP user with the Remote Access Key option (RAK-Key). All remote-enabled AutoView KVM switches are compatible with Avocent DSView management software for consolidated management across the infrastructure.
Avocent AV2108-001 KVM Appliance Back View
Avocent AV2108 Benefits:
- Analog VGA local user station. Supports VGA/DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort for server interface.
- Support for USB, PS/2, Sun and serial target devices in a single solution.
- CAT-5, thin cabling saves space in the rack and allows up to a 30 meter distance between the server and the switch.
- Server interface modules and integrated access cables automatically assign and retain unique server names for each attached server.
- Advanced, graphical On-Screen Display eases system configuration and server selection.
- Virtual Media support allows servers to access storage media attached to the KVM, enabling out-of-band file transfers and OS patch deployments.
- Supports smart card and CAC authentication to target devices, enabling the extension of two-factor authentication requirements.
- An administrator can grant KVM access to only certain users. The administrator can also limit KVM access to specific targets on the switch.
- Encryption options include 128-bit SSL, AES, DES and 3DES
- IPv6 Support. Supports Internet Protocol Version 6.
Avocent AutoView KVM Appliance Application Diagram
Avocent AV2108-001 Specifications:
|Height||1.72 in. (4.37 cm.)|
|Width||17 in. (43.2 cm.)|
|Depth||6.5 in. (16.5 cm.)|
|Weight||4.2 lbs. (1.9 kg.)|
|Style||1U Rack mount|
|Device Connectors||8 ports for servers or serial devices|
4 USB 2.0 ports
|Remote Access||1 remote KVM over IP user w/ Remote Access Key option (RAK-Key)|
10/100 Mbps Ethernet port
|Local Access||1 local port|
1 ACI port for tiering to another AutoView switch
|VM/CAC Support||- Virtual Media support over USB 2.0|
- Common Access Card (CAC) capability for smart cards
- 128-bit SSL, AES, DES and 3DES encryption
|Video Support||Analog VGA, SVGA, and XGA|
16:9 widescreen, up to 1680 x 1050
4:3 standard, up to 1600 x 1200
|Management Software||- OSCAR™ On-Screen Display for local access|
- Web User Interface
- Compatible with Avocent DSView management software w/ Remote Access Key option
|Other||- Agentless control and access for 1 remote user w/ the Remote Access Key|
- Single-stack IPv4 or IPv6 access
- Flash-upgradeable firmware AV KVM Switch and AVRIQ
|Heat dissipation||47 BTU/hr|
|AC input range||100 - 240 VAC|
|AC frequency||50/60 Hz auto-sensing|
|AC input current rating||5 A|
|AC input power (maximum)||20W|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C)|
|Airflow||Airflow is from non-port side (Front) to port side (Back)|
|Approved Agency||UL, FCC Class A, cUL, ICES Class A, CE, EAC, VCCI Class A, KCC Class A, C-Tick, BSMI|