|Home >> Discontinued Products >> Aten Discontinued Products >> ATEN KL1116M|
Aten 16 Port Hideaway Dual Console KVM Switch-17" Display
|Part # KL1116M|
Please note, the ATEN KL1116M is discontinued. For replacement or upgrade options, please contact your KVM Switches Online sales representative at 1-877-586-6654. ATEN's new 16-port Hideaway, KL1116M, is a control unit that allows access to multiple computers from a single KVM (keyboard, monitor, and mouse), console. A single KL1116M can control up to 16 computers. As many as 31 additional units can be daisy chained to each other, so that up to 512 (KL1116M + KH0116) computers can all be controlled from a KL1116M.
The KL1116M offers a space-saving, streamlined approach to KVM switch technology by integrating a keyboard, LCD monitor, and touchpad in a 1U Hideaway housing. The LCD module and keyboard module slide separately - you can see the video display, for example, while the keyboard and touchpad are conveniently out of the way.
Access to any computer connected to the installation is easily accomplished either by means of a powerful, mouse driven, OSD (On Screen Display) menu system, or by entering Hotkey combinations from the keyboard. A convenient Auto Scan feature also permits automatic scanning and monitoring of the activities of all computers running on the installation one by one.
Additional console port allows the second user access remotely or locally. Working with ATEN's IP access unit (CN5000), you can control attached computers anywhere around the world.
There is no better way to save time and money than with a KL1116M installation. By using the KL1116M with its Hideaway console to manage your installation, you: (1) eliminate the expense of having to purchase a separate keyboard, monitor, and mouse for each computer; (2) save all the space those extra components would take up; (3) save the space that a keyboard, monitor, and mouse would take with a standard KVM switch; (4) save on energy costs; and (5) eliminate the inconvenience and wasted effort involved in constantly moving from one computer to another.
ATEN KL1116M Features and Benefits:
- A single LCD console drawer with built-in KVM switch controls up to 16 computers directly
- A 16 port KVM switch, keyboard, 17" LCD display, and touchpad all combined into a neatly arranged, 1U high rack-mountable drawer
- Dual rail design allows LCD monitor and keyboard/touchpad modules to be operated independently.
- Dedicated daisy chain port to link up to 31 more High Density KVM Switches (model KH0116) and allows you to control up to 512 computers from a single console
- Plug-n-Play; no software required
- Convenient computer selection via intuitive mouse-driven On Screen Display (OSD) menus or Hot Key combinations
- Two Consoles Design - remote access ready
- AutoScan feature for monitoring selected computers
- Hot pluggable; add or remove computers without having to power down the switch
- Auto-sensing of station position on daisy chained installations - no need for manual DIP switch setting
- Port names automatically reconfigured when station sequence is changed
- Two level password security: up to four authorized users and an administrator view and control the computers, with separate profiles for each
- Two level logout - manual and timed
- PS/2 keyboard and mouse emulation allows computers to boot even when they are not selected
- 17"RGB analog LCD display supporting high XGA resolutions of up to 1280 x 1024 with 250cd/m(sq) brightness
- Firmware upgradeable through flash ROM
ATEN KL1116M Requirements:
The following equipment must be installed on each computer:
- VGA, SVGA or Multisync card; (Note: Since the integrated LCD monitor's maximum resolution is 1280 x 1024, make sure that the computer resolution settings do not exceed 1280 x 1024.)
- 6-pin mini-DIN (PS/2 style) mouse port; Either a 6-pin mini-DIN (PS/2 Style) keyboard port with +5V DC on pin 4 and
- Ground on pin 3, or a 5-pin DIN (AT Style) keyboard port with +5V DC on pin 5 and ground on pin 4; **See the note under
- Cables in the next section. For USB computers: USB to PS/2 adapters are required.
For SUN servers: Servers with VGA and PS/2 connections (such as the SUN Cobalt)are supported; the legacy 13W3 SUN servers require additional adapters. The Spac SUN workstation with USB connection is supported with an additional adapter.
- For optimum signal integrity and to simplify the layout, we strongly recommend that you use the following high quality ATEN Custom Cables:
- ATEN KVM to computers: 2L5202P - 6', 2L5203P - 10', 2L5206P - 20'
- ATEN KVM to ATEN KVM (Daisy Chaining): 2L1700 - 2', 2L1701 - 6'
(Note: 1. KL0116 does not support serial mice. You cannot use Serial-to-PS/2 adapters with the extender cables. 2. If your computer uses an AT style keyboard socket you will need to purchase a STANDARD PS/2-to-AT keyboard adapter, in order to plug the cable into keyboard port of the computer.)
ATEN KL1116M Package Contents:
- 1 x KL1116M Hideaway 17" LCD KVM Switch with Standard Rack Mounting Kit
- 2 x Custom KVM Cable Sets (6ft. PS2)
- 1 x Firmware Upgrade Cable
- 1 x Power Cord
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
- 1 x Registration Card
ATEN KL1116M Specifications:
|Case || |
| Height ||5.51 in. (14.0 cm.) |
| Width || 26.38 in. (67.0 cm.) |
| Length || 28.40 in. (72.0 cm.) |
| Case Qty. || 1 |
| Computer Connections || |
| Direct ||16 |
| Daisy Chain or Cascading || 512 |
| Console Connectors || |
| Remote Console ||2 x 6 pin mini-DINF Female for keyboard and mouse, 1 x HDB-15 Female for video |
| Housing || |
| Case ||Metal |
| Weight || |
| Case Wt. ||52.8 lb. (24.0 kg) |
| Package Wt. || 52.8 lb. (24.0 kg) |
| Unit Wt. w/accessories || 48.4 lb. (22.0 kg) |
| Dimensions || |
| Height ||1.7 in. (4.2 cm.) |
| Depth || 24.6 in. (62.5 cm.) |
| Width || 17.2 in. (43.6 cm.) |
|CPU Connectors || |
| Keyboard, Mouse, and Monitor ||16 x SPHD-15 Female |
| Scan Interval ||1~255 Sec |
| Voltage || 1280x1024 ; 17" TFT LCD |
| Daisy Chain ||DB-25 |
| Operating Temperature || 32F~122F (0C~50C) |
| Port Selection ||OSD, Hotkey, Push Buttom |
| Storage Temperature || -4F~140F (-20C~60C) |
| Humidity ||0 - 80% RH |
| Security || 2-level password security |