|Home >> KVM Extenders >> DVI KVM Extenders >> Adder X-DVIPRO-MS2-US|
|Part # X-DVIPRO-MS2-US|
The Adderlink X-DVIPRO-MS2-US is a Dual DVI, Audio and 4-port USB Extender over CATx. It has two single link DVI or two HDMI 1.3a video streams, transparent USB and audio over two CATx cables.
The ADDERLink X-DVI PRO-MS is Adder's second generation extender to transmit two DVI video streams or two HDMI streams, Audio, USB 2.0 and audio over two CATx cable. The ADDERLink X-DVI PRO-MS allows users to extend control of any computer with multiple screen outputs and USB 2.0 over distances up to 50 meters with resolutions up to 165 MPixels per second (e.g. 1920x1200 @ 60Hz or 3840 x 2400 @ 17Hz). In operation, the X-DVI PRO-MS is truly plug and play, capturing full EDID data from the screen ensuring your hardware is always setup to deliver optimal display performance.
Adderlink X-DVIPRO-MS2-US Backview
Adderlink X-DVIPRO-MS2-US Features:
- Full Single Link DVI Extender- The ADDERLink X-DVI PRO-MS extender is designed to deliver two single link DVI digital video resolutions up to 165 MPixels per second. 165MPixels per second is the maximum data rate available on single link DVI connections, and is achieved without the need to compress data in any way. Resolutions supported by single link DVI range from 640 x 480 @ 60 Hz (25 MPixels/s) through to 3840 x 2400 @ 17Hz (164 MPixels/s).
- HDMI 1.3a Operation- By using HDMI to DVI converter cables, the ADDERLink X-DVI PRO-MS can support HDMI Video and Audio up to the 165MHz clock rate (1920 x1080 @60Hz 24bit color) 8 channels of HDMI audio is supported with sample sizes of 16, 20 or 24 bit at 32KHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, or 192kHz (simultaneously with the jack audio). It does not support HDCP or CEC control.
- CD Quality Audio Extention- Two audio extention ports (stereo channel 16 bit audio ports sampled at 44.1KHz -CD quality) are available to transfer audio from local to remote for a line out / headphone use case.
- USB 2.0 Transparent Connection- Delivers bidirectional USB 2.0 (low speed/full speed) data allowing you to extend any USB device up to 50 meters over the same CATx cables. This makes the X-DVI PRO perfect for distributed workstations where you want to reduce environmental concerns such as heat and noise. A typical example of this would be post production suites. By centralising your workstations, you can also extend operational life-span by ensuring optimal temperature control, and minimal physical disturbance.
- CATx Distribution- ADDERLink X-DVI PRO-MS requires one CATx (CAT7a recommended) cable per video head. The X-DVI PRO-MS delivers video alongside USB data and audio over two CATx cable. Dependent upon cable type, quality and connections distances may vary. See Technical specification for detailed rules. The extended profile DDC EDID data from the display is captured to ensure that your system is configured to deliver optimal video performance.
- Intelligent Cable Modelling- The X-DVI PRO-MS has been designed to be used in many different environments across many different types and makes of cable. To ensure the quality of your DVI signal is always optimal, Adder have modelled a broad range of cables and integrated these models into the X-DVI PRO-MS. As a result, the user has greater flexibility over the CATx connections, allowing you to make use of existing CATx infrastructure.
Adderlink X-DVIPRO-MS2-US Diagram
Adderlink X-DVIPRO-MS2-US's Technical Specifications:
|Video Resolution||Single link DVI video resolution up to a maximum pixel rate of 165MP/s HDMI operation 1920 x 1080@60Hz 24 bit colour|
|Extension Distance||Resolution||Frequency||Data Format||Data Rate||Cable||Distance|
|O/S Compatability||Operating system independent|
|Connectors (local / remote)|| |
|Local end||2 x DVI-D, 2 x USB B, power jack, 2 x 3.5 mm audio jack socket and 2 x RJ45|
|Remote end||2 x DVI-D, 4 x USB A, power jack,2 x 3.5mm audio jack socket and 2 x RJ45|
|Physical design|| |
|Local||All metal case, 120mm / 4.7?? (w) x 75mm / 3??(d) x 48mm / 2?? (h) 500g / 1.1 lb.|
|Remote||All metal case, 120mm / 4.7?? (w) x 75mm / 3??(d) x 48mm / 2?? (h) 500g / 1.1 lb.|
|Power||100 - 240VAC, 50/60Hz input ? 5V, -12W output for bth local and remote|
|Operating Temperature||0ºC to 40º / 32ºF to 104ºF|
|Cable Recommendation||Daetwyler Uninet 7702 Flex 4P|
Question: what's in the box? do I get a pair and two power supplies?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. The AdderLink X-DVIPRO-MS2 will come with a local module, remote module, (2) X DVI-D video cables, (2) x USB Cables, 3.5mm jack to jack audio cable, (1) x 12.5W power adapter and lead, CD-ROM and (8) x Self-adhesive rubber feet.
The local module typically draws power via the USB connections. If this is not possible, 2 additional power supplies (P/N: PSU-IEC-5VDC-2.5) will be required for this MS2 version of the X-DVIPRO. You can find the additional power supplies here: http://www.kvm-switches-online.com/psu-iec-5vdc-2-5a.html
Question: Can the X-DVIPRO extend VGA?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. For VGA, you may be interested in the X-USBPRO-MS2-US, which is a VGA version of this device: http://www.kvm-switches-online.com/x-usbpro-ms2-us.html
Adder has an extensive collection of KVM extenders, which can be viewed here: http://www.kvm-switches-online.com/adder-kvm-extender.html