The all-in-one Avocent SwitchView (4SVPUA20-001) multimedia desktop 4-port KVM switch lets you switch between USB or PS/2 systems, share your USB devices and control multimedia applications. The Avocent SwitchView (4SVPUA20-001) MM2 model provides independent switching for KVM and two USB 2.0 hub ports. With the Avocent SwitchView (4SVPUA20-001) multimedia KVM switch, you can use one compact device to control multiple PCs and share access to your USB devices; digital camera, CD ROM, PDA, scanner or printer.
Note: Cables are not included
Avocent SwitchView (4SVPUA20-001) Function Diagram
Avocent SwitchView (4SVPUA20-001) Features and Benefits:
- Multi-platform USB or PS/2 system support
- Integrated USB hub for sharing USB peripherals/devices
- Audio feature share speakers and a microphone
- Independent switching for KVM and two USB 2.0 hub ports
- USB 2.0 multimedia key mapping for USB keyboard Compact, space-saving KVM switch eliminates desktop clutter
- 2048 x 1536 high VGA resolution ideal for desktop graphical applications
- Push-button or multiple keyboard hotkeys for customize channel selections
- Auto scanning allows easy monitoring of attached computers
- Color-coded cables and connectors provide quick installation
- Easily add computers without powering down the KVM switch or attached computers
- Power supply included
- Error free boot up with keyboard and mouse emulation
- Backed by Avocent 2 year warranty and technical support
- Also available in a 2-port model
Avocent SwitchView (4SVPUA20-001) Specifications:
|Height||1.7 in (4.3 cm)|
|Width||5.5 in (13.97 cm)|
|Depth||3.5 in (8.89 cm)|
|Weight||1 lb (.45 kg)|
|Power Frequency Input||9V DC @1A external transformer|
|Computers||PS2 or USB (2.0)|
|Monitor||(VGA, SVGA, XGA, QVGA, SXGA, UXGA, QXGA) Maximum resolution of 2048 X1536|
|Peripherals||USB (2.0) Keyboard and Mouse or PS/2 Keyboard, PS/2 Mouse, IntelliMouse (PS/2 only), IBM Scroll Point, Logitech 2 Button, Logitech Trackball Scroller, Microsoft Trackball Scroller, Microsoft Scroller, Microsoft Intelleye Five Button|
|Approved Agency||En55022 Class B, EN55024,61000-3-2,6100-3-3, FCC 15 Class B, CE|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. This Avocent unit may or may not be the best fit for your needs. So that we can better understand your environment, please contact a KVM Switches Online sales engineer, toll free, at 1-877-586-6654 to discuss your project in greater detail.
Question: We have been having little issue with where two port or four port switch box will not work on one of the ports. We have updated the bios of PC / Switch box and still no luck. Same switch box works on Windows XP but will not work on Windows 7. Or any Windows 7 machine for that matter. This is a very urgent matter because we are rolling out Windows 7 in our environment and needs this resolved ASAP.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, detailed product support is beyond the scope of this simple FAQ.
Having said that, this issue my be tied to the way in which Windows 7 manages idle USB ports. Here is a link to a discussion for a potential workaround found at the Avocent Support Community site:
http://community.emerson.com/networkpower/support/avocent/desktop/w/wiki/1296.switchview-and-switchview-secure-windows-7-usb-keyboard-and-mouse-frozen. We reached that page from this thread: http://community.emerson.com/networkpower/support/avocent/f/105/t/3769.
The Avocent support community site is also a good source for additional support ideas. The main page can be reached here: http://community.emerson.com/networkpower/support/avocent/.
You can also reach Avocent support directly at the following page: http://www.emersonnetworkpower.com/en-US/Support/Technical-Support/KVM/Pages/default.aspx.