The Avocent SwitchView SC780-001 dual-head, 8-port, single-user KVM, offers proven, secure access for any desktop environment where security is mandatory. NIAP validated to EAL2+, the SC780 secure KVM switch provides multiple levels of physical security, and controlled USB connectivity (limited to keyboard and mouse only). Consolidate multiple workstations of varying security classification levels with one keyboard, monitor and mouse without compromising network security.
The Avocent SwitchView SC780 switch includes multiple layers of security including tamper-proof hardware security at the desktop. In addition, the SC780 ensures that only the keyboard and mouse function on target computers, by constantly monitoring all devices attached to the console ports. The SC780 ignores communication from all other USB devices (such as flash drives, hard disk drives, cameras and printers) when switching data to the target. In situations where the only USB port(s) are those enabled on the target computer, the SwitchView SC switch will not introduce security vulnerabilities.
Avocent SwitchView SC700 Series Secure KVM Back View
(4-port SC740-001 model shown)
Avocent SC780 Features & Benefits:
- NIAP Common Criteria validated to EAL2+.
- Software Security. U.S. designed firmware: allows only keyboard and mouse human interface devices (HIDs) to switch to the target computers.
- Physical security:
- Tamper-evident tape: A visual indication of an attempt to gain access to the internal components of the switch
- Locked memory: Prevents tampering and reprogramming of the firmware
- Secure channels: Four fully secure channels isolated to 60db. Safely switch between computers operating at different classification levels without compromising network security.
- Clears buffer: Automatically clears the keyboard buffer immediately after data is transmitted through the switch, so no data is ever left in the switch
Avocent SC780 Specifications:
|Height||2.4 in. (6.1 cm.)|
|Width||17 in. (43.18 cm.)|
|Depth||9.2 in. (18.54 cm.)|
|Weight||7.0 lbs. (3.2 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4° to 122°F (-20° to 50°C)|
|Operating Voltage||100 - 240 VAC|
|Power Frequency||50/60 Hz|
|Computers||USB and single-head or dual-head DVI-I|
|Video||Dual Head, Dual-link DVI-I, VGA (with adapter) maximum resolution 2560x1600 @ 60Hz|
|Peripherals||USB keyboard USB mouse only, (per Common Criteria Protection Profile v2.1)|
|Approved Agency||CE, UL 60950-1, CSA C22.2 No 60950-1, EN60950, FCC Part 15 Class B EN55022 Class B, EN55024 61000-3-3, VCCI Class B, C-Tick CISPR22, ICES-003|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. There may be several options depending on your particular needs. So that we can better serve you, please contact your KVM Switches Online representative at 1-877-586-6654 or via our online chat feature to discuss your project in greater detail.
Question: Where is this product made, and what is the EPEAT rating and is it ENERGY STAR Certified?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The SC780-001 is made in the US. There are no Energy Star guidelines for this class of hardware products, therefore it is not possible for us to make any statements about Energy Star compliance. The EPA has to set such guidelines and while they have done this for servers and monitors, they have not set guidelines for management appliances like the SC780-001.