Dataprobe iBoot G2 Remote Reboot Power Switch
The Dataprobe iBoot-G2 is a 10/100 Ethernet network attached, IP addressed, Web Controlled remote reboot power switch. Anyone with a web browser can access the iBoot-G2 to perform power On, Off or Reboot (timed power shutdown) operations. iBoot-G2 is password protected for security. The iBoot-G2 uses international standard IEC320 connections and is auto sensing for worldwide use. Line cord and Output Cord are included for North America. The iBoot-G2 handles circuits up to 12 Amps (10 Amps at 230VAC).
- Remote Power Control from your Web Browser
- Just point your browser to iBoot's IP address, enter the Password and you're one click away from power ON, OFF or a timed Reboot. It's that simple.
- Automatic Reboot for Crashed Devices
- The unique Auto-Ping feature allows iBoot-G2 to monitor any IP device on the network and take automatic action whenever the device is down.
- The Heartbeat Detect feature allows iBoot-G2 to monitor any server or PC running either the free Heartbeat Generator Program, or heartbeats integrated into your custom software. Dataprobe can provide developer support to make integration easy.
- Wall and DIN Rail Mounting Kit
- This kit allows any iBoot-G2 Series unit to be either Wall or DIN Rail Mounted.
- Cloud Service – Manage from Anywhere
- UL Listed for Safety and Reliability
Pays for Itself with the First Service Call Saved
Don't let the cost of downtime keep you from meeting your service and revenue expectations. Keep your critical systems running without expensive service calls. Use low-cost remote power control to automatically reboot failed devices and get up and running in the most cost effective way possible.
iBoot-G2 will save you time and money by reducing costly downtime. Just point your browser to the iBoot-G2, login and you are one click away from bringing that failed system back to life. iBoot-G2 will even detect failed systems and take immediate action.
Remote Reboot via Web Browser
iBoot Cloud Service – Power Control Wherever you Are
iBoot Cloud Service (iBCS) allows customers with iBoot-G2 to access and control multiple iBoots in multiple locations from a single portal with a single sign-on.
iBCS will not only make using iBoots easier, by consolidating all units into one sign-on and interface, it will also enhance the number of situations where iBoot can be deployed.
- Customers with Dynamic IP addressing to always be able to access their iBoot from any location.
- Service providers manage multiple customer accounts with diverse security configurations.
- Customers that are not allow in-bound connections to access their iBoots.
Automatic Downtime Reboot
iBoot-G2 automatically monitors and protects your network. AutoPing continuously tests your connectivity to the internet or to any device on your network. When the network is down, or the device stops functioning, iBoot-G2 reboots the failed system to get you back on-line fast.
You have complete control of the AutoPing parameters, setting the frequency of the tests, the number of tests required to take action, and what action is to be taken when the failure is detected. Perfect for:
- Cable Modems
- Web Cams
- Web Browser Power Control: Clean Web page design for immediate status and power control. Auto detects mobile browsers. No special software required.
- Automatic System Restoral: AutoPing and Heartbeat detect network or equipment outage and takes immediate action to restore your network or device. Real time scheduling to have a fresh reboot each morning or minimize power waste at night.
- Cloud Control: Manage all your iBoots from a single sign-on. Control power worldwide from any web browser, anytime anywhere.
- USB Port: Out-of-band management with simple serial commands for status, control and setup.
- UL Listed: We take your safety seriously. Be confident to pass fire marshal inspections.
- Dual Password Protected: Separate user and administrator passwords. Deploy iBoot-G2 throughout your organization.
- IP Addressed, 10/100 Base-T: Use on any Ethernet IP network. Public or private. Supports DHCP and alternate ports for Web Access.
- Direct TCP and Software Control: Control iBoot-G2 directly from your software application for the highest degree of power control integration. Simple protocol is freely available. Use iBoot-G2 control program to call power control from any network management system. IPSentry What'sUp Gold, etc.
- 110/220 VAC Operation: Auto ranging power input. Deploy iBoot-G2 anywhere in the world. iBoot-G2 uses IEC320 Connectors and includes line and extension cords for North America.
- 12 Amp Switching: Current for most Servers, Routers, Kiosks, etc. 10 Amps at 220 VAC.
- Telnet control: Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Real Time Event Scheduling
- Support for integration with other products and custom applications
- Removable mounting tabs and DIN Rail Support via Optional Mounting Package
Dataprobe iBoot-G2 Specifications
|Width||3.25 in. (8.3 cm.)|
|Height||2.00 in. (5.08 cm.)|
|Depth||4.25 in. (10.8 cm.)|
|Switching||110-240 VAC 12 Amps Max|
|Features||Web, Telnet, AutoPing = up to 4 IP Addresses|
DxP Protocol, Real Time Scheduling, Heartbeat
|Physical||Wall and DIN Mountable|
|Temperature||0 to 50 Deg C|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. There are a number of ways to automate the iBoot-G2. The first method is through event scheduling. You can schedule up to eight reoccurring events. A second method is through Auto-Ping, where the iBoot can automatically detect failed equipment and perform a timed reboot or other power control function (like turning on an indicator or siren). You can also use the DxP Protocol. The DxP protocol will allow a developer to turn the power on and off and read outlet statuses via custom applications. More information about the DxP protocol can be found at the Dataprobe iBoot support page: http://dataprobe.com/support/iboot.html
Question: do the divice require to talk via router? or direct to web? I need a divice that can control power to router power before going to router. router keep hanging so will be imposible to "talk" to your divice if router is dead.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. This device communicates over the LAN and would require the router to be functioning for proper communication.
However, there is an AutoPing function that may work for you. From the manual - "AutoPing: The AutoPing feature allows iBoot-G2 to automatically detect failed equipment and perform a timed reboot or other power control function (like turning on an indicator or siren). You set 1 or 2 IP addresses to be periodically pinged. When iBoot-G2 no longer detects a response from the address(es), the programmed power control function is actuated."
Question: Can you please do a volume price for 330 pcs. Thanks
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. For questions regarding pricing, please contact your KVM Switches Online sales representative at 1-877-586-6654.
Question: Does this device work to boot a mac mini when its completely shut down?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. In theory, it may be possible for the iBoot to power up the Mac Mini when completely shut down. However, it would require the hardware (Mac Mini in this case) to support "wake-on-power" and be properly configured. (This is a little different then auto re-boot on power loss, which may also work if the iBoot is used to cut power to the device, instead of a graceful shutdown.)
We have not tested this and could not guarantee it would function as desired. However, if you can configure the Mac Mini to boot up when an attached power strip is powered on, then it should work.
Question: Is the iBoot CE certified?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, the iBoot G2 is CE Certified. This AC version of the iBoot has the following certifications/compliance marks:
Listed I.T.E File No. E225914
CE Directives 89/336/EEC, 92/31/EEC and 93/68/EEC
FCC Part 15 Class B
Question: Is this device rated to be installed above the ceiling
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we do not believe the iBoot G2 is currently rated for installation in a ceiling or plenum space.
Question: How much is the postage to Japan? Please tell me the delivery time.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Please see: www.kvm-switches-online.com/info.html#International%20Orders for information regarding our international order policy.
Question: Hi, where can I buy Iboot in the Philippines?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. To find an international distributor for the iBoot, please visit the following page at the DataProbe website: http://dataprobe.com/contact.html.
Question: Is the power on by default?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. In general it would be powered on by default.