AdderView Secure 4 Port USB DVI-I EAL2+ KVM Switch
The AdderView Secure AVSD1004 KVM Switch enables a monitor, keyboard and mouse, and audio to be shared between high and low security systems, sometimes known as red and black networks, and is designed carefully to prevent information flowing between computers or to the outside world via emissions snooping. The AdderView Secure design prevents sensitive data from leaking between ports, sensitive data leaking to the outside world and sensitive data from being stored in the device. Furthermore, the switch actively combat a range of potential leakage "threats".
The AVSD1004 is designed to enable four computers in a secure environment to be controlled from a single high resolution KVM console using dual link DVI or VGA. Dual link DVI interface operates at full DVI bandwidth up to 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz to ensure higher end applications that require high resolution or exact video quality to run smoothly. DVI interfaces have the added security advantage that randomizing the low order video bit can make snooping much harder.
Adder AVSD1004 Backview
Adder AVSD1004 Features:
- AdderView Secure checks its own operation: The hardware and software must agree before data flow is enabled. The switch constantly checks its own operation and will stop operating and flash its error light if an unanticipated event occurs.
- Minimal emissions profile: The AdderView Secure is heavily shielded with double shielding in critical areas to minimise the risk of eavesdropping equipment being able to pick up signals from the equipment.
- No shared RAM between ports: The keyboard and mouse processor is powered down and reset at each switchover to thwart shared RAM leakages. Separate memories hold the num, caps and scroll states and are only accessible when the relevant channel is selected. All data buffers are actively cleared once they have been used.
- Uni-directional data paths for keyboard and mouse: One-way data paths ensure that data isolation does not rely on trusting microprocessor software, but is instead assured by hardware and prevents a hidden software weaknesses that could potentially cause data leakage. A unidirectional structure also protects against timing analysis or forced malfunction attacks and prevents computers influencing the operation of any common circuitry.
- Restricted USB function: n The USB ports will only support keyboards and mice and other devices, such as USB storage drives, are actively prohibited.
- Independent power supplies block power line signalling: The circuitry for each port is independently powered from the USB lead. Power line signaling is therefore blocked because different port circuits donít share the same power feed.
- 60dB crosstalk isolation: High crosstalk isolation ensures that less than 1/1000th of any signal from one computer is presented to the input of another computer due to electrical crosstalk.
- One time programmable microprocessors: Microprocessors are one time programmable and donít contain reprogrammable flash memory. This protects against sensitive data being stored within the device and protects the software against being corrupted.
- Additional Features: Digital or analogue video, Simple channel selection, Tamper evident case seals, Keyboard and mouse hotkey switching is banned from the design, etc.
Adder AVSD1004 Application Diagram
Adder AVSD1004-US Specifications:
|Width||9.2 in. (234 mm.)|
|Height||1.7 in. (44 mm.)|
|Depth||5.5 in. (140 mm.)|
|Weight||3 lbs (1.4 kgs.)|
|Hardware Compatibility||Supports PC, Sun, Apple, RS/6000, Alpha and SGI-computers with USB keyboard and mouse interfaces and either VGA or DVI video interfaces.|
|Software Compatibility||All known software and operating systems including Windows (all), DOS, Linux, Unix, BSD, Sun OS, Solaris, Mac OS, NetWare etc.|
|Video Resolution||Analog: 1920 x 1200 @60Hz|
Single link digital: 1600 x 1200 @60Hz
Dual link digital: 2560 x 1600 @60Hz
|Computer Connections at Switch||USB type B, Dual link DVI-I, 3.5mm stereo jack|
|Local KVM Console Connection Video||USB type A, Dual-link DVI-D, 3.5mm stereo jack|
|Power||100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, 10W|
|Operating Temperature||0 deg C to 40 deg C / 32 deg F to 104 deg F|
|Approvals||CE, FCC, Designed to meet Common Criteria EAL4+|