The Minicom DS 0DT23011 USB Extender is an easy to use hardware solution that extends any USB peripheral device from the host computer to a distance of 45m/150ft. The Minicom DS USB Extender overcomes the 5m/16ft distance limitation of direct USB connection to the host computer, using standard CAT5 cable.
The Minicom DS USB Extender is the simplest and most economic way to extend your USB device beyond the standard 5m/16ft, while preserving the investment in existing hardware.
The USB Extender provides the ideal solution for both SOHO and corporate environments. Applications are limitless and include security cameras, barcode scanners, extension of keyboard in a conference room, printers, scanners or anywhere with a potential need to extend the distance between a host computer and a peripheral USB based device.
Minicom DS USB Extender Functional Diagram
0DT23011 Features and Benefits
- Overcomes the USB distance limitation - extends up to 45 meters/150ft
- Pure hardware, requires no external power adapter
- No additional software required for either computer or peripheral device
- 100% compatible - compatible with any USB device
- Compliant with the standard specifications of USB 1.1
- Patented ASIC's (Application Specific Integrated Circuits) built in
- Embedded USB Transceivers at both ends to prevent signal loss
Minicom DS 0DT23011 Specifications:
|Ports||Master Unit||Remote Unit|
|Upstream Port||USB Type A Male||USB Type A Female|
|Downstream Port||RJ45 Connector||RJ45 Connector|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C / 32°F to 104°F|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 85°C / -40°F to 185°F|
|Master Built-in Cable Length||0.3 meters / 1.0 Feet|
|Interconnect Cable||Standard Category5/5e/6 Network Cable|
|Max Cable Length||45 meters / 150 feet|
|Supply Current Drawn||20mA|
|Certification||FCC ClassB, CE|