Black Box VGA/Stereo-Audio Fiber Extender Kit
(AC1021A-XMIT and AC1021A-REC)
Transmit audio and video signals over a single fiber strand with this transmitter and receiver kit.
The fiber extender kit is interoperable with our other Black Box RGBHV/Stereo-Audio Fiber transmitters and receivers. You can use each receiver with each transmitter, so nearly any configuration you design will work.
By operating in the 1310-nm wavelength over multimode or single-mode fiber, this unit reduces optical loss and enables you to get the maximum distance in your application - up to 750 meters (2460.6 ft.) over multimode cable and a whopping 30 kilometers (18.6 mi) with an optical loss budget of 15 dB over single-mode cable. It maintains high-resolution video integrity with uncompressed, unscaled 24-bit RGB processing, and because the audio signals are also sent over fiber, you're not limited by copper distance restrictions or signal degradation.
The receiver features a simple set of LEDs that give you immediate status updates, and the system doesn't require any special software or drivers - just plug it in and get started.
- Broadcast studios where you need additional video and audio capacity.
- Corporate theaters for presentations and important company information.
- Stadiums for live game coverage everywhere in the facility.
- Airport kiosks with flight and retail information.
- Stores with sales, special offers, and other important information for your customers.
- Medical facilities to share images and observe procedures.
- Network operations centers.
- Secure facilities.
- Ideal for multimedia distribution applications, this easy-to-install extender kit provides crystal-clear video and audio transmissions.
- Sends high-resolution RGB and stereo audio up to 750 meters (2460.6 ft.) over multimode fiber optic cable or up to 30 kilometers (18.6 mi.) over single-mode fiber optic cable.
- Requires only a single fiber strand.
- Transmits VGA, SVGA, XGA and WXGA.
- Supports HDTV resolutions of 480p, 720p, and 1080i (RGBHV format only).
- Easy to install - requires no adjustments, equalization, or de-skewing.
- Digital processing ensures crystal-clear transmission with no color pixel skewing.
AC1020A Package Contents
- Transmitter and receiver
- 6-ft. 3.5-mm audio cable
- 6-ft. 3.5-mm to (2) RCA male audio cable
- 6-ft. HD15 male to HD15 male VGA cable
- External power supply
|Audio Bandwidth||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Distance (Maximum)||Multimode: 750 m (2460.6 ft.); Single-mode: 30 km (18.6 mi.) (Optical loss budget of 0-15 dB must not be exceeded regardless of distance.)|
|Power||AC1021A-XMIT, AC1021A-REC: 9-24 VAC or VDC, 5 W|
|Wavelength||1310 nm||Item Specifications|
|Connectors||AC1021-XMIT: Video: (1) HD15 F; Audio: (1) 3.5-mm stereo jack; Fiber: (1) STŪ; AC1021A-REC: Video: (1) HD15 F; Audio: (1) 3.5-mm stereo jack; Fiber: (1) STŪ; Both: Power: (1) terminal block|
|Dimensions||AC1021A-XMIT, AC1021A-REC: 1.2"H x 5"W x 5.3"D (3.1 x 12.7 x 13.5 cm)|
|Indicators||LEDs: (1) Power, (1) Video, (1) Audio|
|Weight||AC1021A-XMIT, AC1021A-REC: 0.6 lb. (0.3 kg)|
Black Box AC1020A Resources
Black Box AC1020A Data Sheet (PDF)
Black Box AC1020A Manual (PDF)