The Cybex Active Front Panel (AFP) is a simple, dedicated device designed for remote control and to enhance desktop situational awareness when using Vertiv KVM switches.
Work space can be limited and peripheral devices are located in areas that are not easy to access. Because of this, Vertiv has developed a solution that allows users to remotely control their KVM switches easily. The Cybex Active Front Panel (AFP) can be mounted on top of a monitor or located anywhere on the desk for easy access.
The Avocent AFP0004 KVM switch is a cost effective productivity solution designed to:
- Increase productivity with simple, rapid access to systems
- Improve situational awareness: with the AFP0004 in the user's field of view, the user is able to see which channel they are currently working on.
- Designed for both desk or display mounting for an ergonomic work space.
AFP0004 Switch Diagram
Avocent AFP0004 Features and Benefits:
- Simple to use and install.
- Communicates via standard RS232 which can be integrated with video wall controllers.
- Eliminate desk clutter.
- Easy channel switching with clear indication of the channel selected.
- Compatible with four and eight port Cybex SC switches and Avocent SV switches.
- Adjustable button light intensity for changes in ambient light.
- Cybex AFP may be placed up to 6 feet from Cybex SC switches.
- Disable Cybex SC switch's front panel buttons to prevent erroneous channel selection
- No external power required.
- Communicates via standard RS232 which can be integrated with video wall controllers such as Creston.
Avocent AFP0004 Specifications:
|Height||.7 in (17.78 mm)|
|Width||6.5 in (165.1 mm)|
|Depth||1.3 in (33.02 mm)|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)|
|Humidity||0-80% RH, non-condensing|
|Power||No external power required|
|Certifications||FCC class B, CE, ICES class B, RCM, VCCI|