APC's AP5201 8-port Rackmount KVM switch fits on the desktop or mount in 1U of rack space. Daisy-chain compatible units and manage up to 512 servers through one keyboard, monitor, and mouse. APC Rackmount KVM switches support multiple platforms (PS/2, USB, or SUN), use slimmer cables for better cable management, are firmware upgradeable, and allow servers to be connected and disconnected without powering down the KVM. LEDs on the front of all units display which channels are active. Use hotkeys or the on-screen display to switch easily among connected servers. Reduce hardware costs, save space, reduce heat generation, and lower power consumption using APC Rackmount KVMs. Includes documentation CD, rack mounting brackets, and user Manual. Cables are not included.
AP5201 Features and Benefits:
- Multi-platform Support: PC, Sun and USB support
- Daisy-chain capabilities: Manage up to 512 servers with one keyboard, monitor, and mouse
- Scanning capabilities: Automatically cycle through individual servers screens to monitor processes without intervention.
- Push button or keyboard switching: switch among servers manually by using hot keys or the on-screen display.
- On-Screen Display (OSD) Capability: Easy-to-use menu for fast configuration and switching among servers.
- Status Indicator LEDs: Confirms which server/port is currently active.
- Mouse Reset Feature: Regain lost mouse signals without having to reboot.
- Keep Alive Feature: Allows attached servers to power the unit in the event of a power failure.
- Hot Pluggable Operation: Add or remove servers without having to power off the switch.
- Occupies 1U of rack space: Conserve valuable rack space in the data center
- Advanced Security: Read-only user option allows you to share access without risking unauthorized configuration changes to the systems.
|Height||1.75 inches (44 mm)|
|Width||17.00 inches (432 mm)|
|Depth||8.25 inches (210 mm)|
|Weight||10.00 lbs. (4.55 kg)|
|Operating Temperature||0 - 50 °C (32 - 122 °F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20 - 50 °C (-4 - 122 °F)|
|Approved Agency||AS/NZS 3548 (C-Tick) Class A CE , FCC Part 15 Class A , ICES-003 , IEC 60950 , UL 60950 , VCC|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
KVM switches are designed to be server / computer agnostic - KVM compatibility with a specific server has more to do with the connections available, and desired features. As long as your DELL PowerEdge R330 supports VGA video and USB or PS/2 keyboard & mouse the APC AP5201 should be fully compatible.
For a KVM switch recommendation based factors in your environment, please feel free to contact your KVM Switches Online sales representative directly.