The AlterPath ATP0001-001 is a powerful, yet highly compact single-port console server used to connect serial devices to a TCP/IP network. Typical applications include branch office management, console port management, retail automation and IP enabling of legacy serial devices.
Unlike other console server equipment designed with proprietary software technologies, the ATP0001-001 leverages Embedded Linux and other Open Source software. Users have the flexibility and power to customize its operation, modifying or adding features as needed.
Dual PCMCIA slots allows for enhanced functionality with support for many interface cards, such as Ethernet, modem (V.90, GSM, and ISDN) and wireless LAN.
The AlterPath ATP0001-001 uses its PowerPC dual CPU to transfer data from its 10/100BT Ethernet interface to its RS232/RS485 (software selectable) serial interface and vice-versa, enabling communication between the serial device and the network. The AlterPath ATP0001-001 supports SSHv2 (Secure Shell) for a high degree of security in data connections.
The ATP0001-001 has all of the power and functionality necessary to take network connectivity to the next level.
Cyclades AlterPath ATP0001-001 ACS1 Application Diagram
Cyclades AlterPath ATP0001-001 Features and Benefits
- Operating System: Linux
- Accessibility: In-Band (Ethernet) and Out-of-band (Dial-up modem) support Dual PCMCIA slots allows for alternative access interfaces, such as CDMA, GSM modem, ISDN, V.90 modem and wireless Ethernet.
- Security: SSH v1 and v2, Local, RADIUS, TACACS+, LDAP, NIS, and Kerberos Authentication, Token-based strong authentication (SecurID)
Local backup user authentication support, PAP/CHAP authentication (for dial-up lines), IP Packet and Security Filtering, User Access Lists per port, System Event Syslog, IPSec support
- Console Management: Sun break-safe (Solaris Ready Certified),
Break Over SSH support, Windows Server 2003 EMS Support, Off-line data buffering - Local or Remote (NFS/Syslog), Timestamp for data buffering, Unlimited number of simultaneous sessions, Simultaneous access on the same port (port sniffing), Secure clustering (central access to multiple console servers, Event notification (email, pager, SNMP trap)
- Port Access: Directly by TCP port, IP address or server name, Telnet/SSH with menu, Raw TCP socket access, HTTP/HTTPS
- System Management: Configuration wizard for first time users,
Command Line Interface (Linux Shell), Web Management Interface (HTTP/HTTPS), SNMP
- Upgrades: Upgrades available on FTP site, no charge, Flash upgradeable, TFTP support for network boot
- Customization: Cyclades Development Kit (CDK) available for custom applications
- Additional Protocols Supported: Modbus/RTU support for industrial automation applications, DHCP for dynamic IP address assignment, PPP/SLIP for dial-up, NTP for time server synchronization, RFC2217 support for remote serial port access
- Secure Network Management
- Easy Integration with the Network and Serial Devices
- Flexibility to support existing and future interface types (PCMCIA support)
- Rock-solid stability (Linux Inside)
Cyclades AlterPath ATP0001-001 Specifications
|Dimensions||6.3 x 4.0 x 1.5 in |
(16 x 10 x 3.8 cm)
|Weight||6.0 lb (2.7 kg)|
|Operating Temperature||50°F to 112°F (10°C to 50°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)|
|Humidity||5% to 90% non-condensing|
|Operating Voltage & Power Supply|| |
External Universal AC, 100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz,
|CPU||MPC855T (PowerPC dual CPU)|
|Memory||128 MB DIMM SDRAM/128 MB compact flash|
|Interfaces||1 RS-232 console on RJ45 |
1 RS232 DTE on DB-9 or 1 RS485 DTE on terminal block (software selectable, 230Kbps maximum)
Dual PCMCIA slots supporting: Secondary Ethernet, Wireless Net, GSM, CDMA, V.90 modem, ISDN, I/O
|PC Card Slots||Modems (V.92 and ISDN), Secondary Ethernet, fast Ethernet (fiber optic), wireless LAN (GPRS, GSM and CDMA), compact flash and IDE drive |
Ethernet 10/100BT on RJ45
FCC Part 15, A