Cyclades AlterPath ACS48 (ATP0210)
The Cyclades AlterPath ACS48 (ATP0210) console server provides enterprise and telecom networks with a complete, secure console management solution. When combined with integrated power management and centralized administration, the Cyclades AlterPath ACS48 (ATP0210) console server offers a secure and consolidated out-of-band infrastructure (OOBI) management solution. Using a hardened Linux operating system, the AlterPath ACS provides optimal performance, security and reliability.
The Cyclades AlterPath ACS48 (ATP0210) offers advanced hardware features to meet the requirements of even the most demanding data center management applications. PC Card slots allow for enhanced functionality with support for many interface cards, such as modem (V.92 and ISDN), Ethernet, fast Ethernet (fiber optic) and wireless LAN (GSM, CDMA and GPRS). The AlterPath ACS also allows for automatic Ethernet failover by using a PC Card slot as a second Ethernet port, hence providing Ethernet redundancy. The Cyclades ATP0170 ACS's optional dual-entry redundant power supply (AC/DC) provides extra reliability, ensuring availability during critical times.
Available in 1-, 4-, 8-, 16-, 32- and 48-port models that fit in 1U of rack space, the AlterPath ACS helps maximize IT asset productivity while providing scalability and reducing operational costs. Using the Cyclades AlterPath ACS48 (ATP0210) for secure IT asset management decreases network maintenance costs while increasing efficiency and productivity.
In addition to providing secure connectivity and remote access to cluster environments, the Cyclades AlterPath ACS48 (ATP0210) offers a wealth of security features such as secure clustering for console management of up to 1,024 devices, X.509 SSH certificate support, Secure Shell (SSHv1 and SSHv2) connections, TACACS/RADIUS/LDAP authentication and authorization, One-Time Password (OTP), Two-Factor Authentication using RSA SecurID, Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), PPP PAP/CHAP, PPP dial back, IPSec with NAT traversal support, IP filtering, user access lists per port and separate authentication to access ports and console server. These features allow data center managers and system administrators to remotely manage networks and servers with greater control and peace of mind.
Console management features include native support for the Windows Emergency Management Services (EMS) protocols included with the Windows Server 2003, data buffering, direct access methods to the serial ports (such as the Transmission Control Protocol [TCP] port and server name) and event notification.
Cyclades AlterPath ACS48 (ATP0210) Function Diagram
Cyclades AlterPath ATP0210 Features and Benefits
- Operating System: Linux
- Accessibility: In-band (Ethernet) and out-of-band (dial-up modem) support; PC Card slot support allows for alternative access interfaces, such as modem (V.92 and ISDN), Ethernet, fast Ethernet (fiber optic) and wireless Ethernet (GSM, CDMA and GPRS) (Click here for a list of supported PC Cards.)
- Availability: Automatic Ethernet failover using Ethernet PC Card as the secondary port; Dual power supply
- Security: Pre-set security profiles - secure, moderate and open
Custom security profile; X.509 SSH certificate support; SSHv1 and SSHv2; Local, RADIUS, TACACS+, LDAP, NIS, and Kerberos authentication; Two-Factor Authentication using RSA SecurID; Local backup user authentication support; One-Time Password (OTP) authentication; PAP/CHAP and Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) (for dial-up lines); Separate authentication to access ports and console server; Group authorization - TACACS+, RADIUS and LDAP; Dial back support; IP packet and security filtering; User access lists per port; System event syslog; IPSec with NAT traversal support; Secure factory defaults; Secure clustering for up to 1,024 devices
- Console Management: Sun break-safe (Solaris Ready certified) ; Break-over SSH support; Windows Server 2003 EMS support; Offline data buffering - local or remote (NFS/Syslog); Level-based Syslog filters; Time stamp for data buffering; Unlimited number of simultaneous sessions; Simultaneous access on the same port (port sniffing); Secure clustering (central access to multiple console servers); Event notification (email, pager, SNMP trap); Global time zone support
- Port Access: Directly by TCP port, IP address or server name; Telnet/SSH with menu ; Simultaneous Telnet and SSH access; HTTP/HTTPS; Bi-directional Telnet
- System Management: Configuration wizard for first time users; Command line interface (Linux Shell); Web Management Interface (HTTP/HTTPS); SNMP
- Cabling: CAT5 compatible adapters for simpler cabling (sold separately)
- Upgrades: Upgrades available on FTP site, no charge; Flash upgradeable; TFTP support for network boot
- Additional Protocols Supported: DHCP for dynamic IP address assignment; PPP/SLIP for dial-up; NTP for time server synchronization; RFC2217 support for remote serial port access
Cyclades AlterPath ATP0210 Specifications
ACS 4, 8, 16, 32, 48
Single Power: 7.9 lb (3.58 kg)
For ACS4, 8, 16, 32, 48: 50°F to 112°F (10°C to 44°C)
40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
5% to 90% noncondensing
Operating Voltage & Power Supply
Internal 100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz
MPC855T (PowerPC dual CPU)
128 MB DIMM SDRAM/128 MB compact flash
PC Card Slots
Modems (V.92 and ISDN), Secondary Ethernet, fast Ethernet (fiber optic), wireless LAN (GPRS, GSM and CDMA), compact flash and IDE drive
1 Ethernet 10/100BT on RJ45
FCC Part 15, A