AdderView 2-Port DVI KVM Switch
Recommended replacement: ATEN CS1762A
Alternative options: Contact Us
The AdderView AV2DVI is a 2-port DVI KVM Switch which enables a keyboard, mouse and DVI monitor to control 2 computers.
Adder AV2DVI Features:
- Digital quality for modern monitors: DVI interface, which is fully supported by the AdderView DVI, enables the video picture to be transferred from the digital computer to the digital monitor without the inevitable loss of quality caused by unnecessary analog conversions.
- Reliable KVM switching: Exact pixel to pixel digital video transfer and maximum bandwidth support ensures that you will never have to compromise on video quality. Fully electronic switching ensures that video performance will not degrade with use and Display Data Channel support enables optimal video driver configuration.
- Innovative technology: enables high quality digital flat panel displays to be shared between several computers by using innovative digital circuitry that is crafted to operate at the very high signaling speeds demanded by DVI video.
- Computers may be selected using the front panel key, keyboard hotkeys, a three-button mouse or wheel mouse, RS232 data commands or the optional remote controller.
- Controls: Front panel key for computer selection. Numerical display shows selected computer and keyboard/mouse activity. Optional remote controller connects to side. Base-mounted reset and option switches.
- Operation mode / cascadability: The keyboard, mouse and video are switched together so that the keyboard and mouse are controlling the computer whose video is currently displayed on the monitor. Non-selected ports emulate the action of the keyboard and mouse so that the computer operates normally. The AdderView DVI may be used to control more than 4 computers by connecting a computer port of one unit to the control port of another unit in a tree-like cascade.
Adder AV2DVI Specifications:
|Height||1.9 in. (50 mm.)|
|Width||9 in. (230 mm.)|
|Depth||6.6 in. (170 mm.)|
|Power||Power drawn from attached computers. Optional power socket available for video only applications|
|Video Resolution||1600 x 1200 at 60Hz|
|Keyboard & Mouse||6 pin mini-DIN female connectors|
|Video||Standard 24-way DVI-D connectors|
|Options port||Side mounted and uses 15-way standard D-type connector with proprietary pin allocation|
|Keyboard||Automatic mode emulation and NUM / CAPS / SCROLL updates ensures that the keyboard is always in the expected state.|
|Mouse||The controlling PS/2 style mouse plugs directly into the AdderView. 2 and 3 button formats are supported.|
|DVI Video||Two or four single-link DVI ports operating up to 165MHz the full DVI Specification, VESA DDC2B signalling supported.|
|Upgradeability||Flash upgradeable to support new devices by connecting a computer's serial port to the options port and running a download program.|
|Software||Software independent operation ensures very wide compatibility that includes Windows 3.X, WFWG, 95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP, DOS, Unix, Linux, NetWare, OS/2 and BSD.|
|Hardware||Hardware compatible with desktop and laptop PCs, RS6000, SGI and DEC Alphas.|
|EMC||Complies with European directive 89/336/EEC. CE marked. FCC class A compliant.|