Avocent AutoView Wireless KVM Extender
Recommended replacement: Wireless KVM | Wireless Extenders
Alternative options: Contact Us
The Avocent AutoView Wireless (AVW3500B-001) solution provides wireless connectivity between computers and monitors, keyboards, mice and audio devices. The wireless Transmitter(s) and Receiver(s) are the building blocks for a user definable 2 x 16 KVM switching and/or 1 to 8 video broadcasting solution. The Avocent AutoView Wireless (AVW3500B-001) firmware features a user-friendly OSD for managing the connectivity, making adjustments and tuning the video settings. The industry standard design makes the Avocent AutoView Wireless (AVW3500B-001) compatible with virtually any PC, display technology and operating system, requiring no new drivers, software or OS upgrades.
The Avocent AVW3500B-001 includes 1 transmitter and 3 receivers.
Avocent AutoView Wireless (AVW3500B-001) Function Diagram
Avocent AutoView Wireless (AVW3500B-001) Features and Benefits:
- Wireless KVM Connectivity: Enables wireless connectivity between 2 workstations and up to 16 computers, and/or wireless video broadcasting from one VGA source to 8 displays.
- 802.11a Standards-Based Design: The design uses the 802.11a standard and proprietary link layer protocol that allows greater throughput performance while achieving greater security.
- Secure Connectivity: Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) provide secure connections.
- Plug-and-play Installation: Requires no new operating system, drivers or application software.
- Convenient OSD: Features a graphical OSD for making adjustments and tuning the video settings.
- Transmitter: Connects directly to the computer and serves as the radio interface device enabling the computer to transmit audio and video data.
- Receiver: Connects directly to the user interface devices (keyboard, video monitor, mouse and audio speakers or headphones), serving as the radio interface device for these components.
- Configurable: The number of transmitters and receivers can be easily scaled for specific configurations.
Avocent AutoView Wireless (AVW3500B-001) Specifications:
|Antennas||Extend 4 ¾" above lower surface of housing|
|Weight||4 lbs. (1 Transmitter and 3 Receivers)|
|Operating Temperature||32° F (0° C) to 104° F (+40° C)|
|Storage Temperature||4° F (-20° C) to 122° F (50° C)|
|Operating Voltage||12 VDC@1A from supplied 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz switching power supply|
|Power Input Connector||2.1mm ID, 5.5mm OD, 9.5mm length barrel connector, tip positive|
|Computers||Most standard IBM compatible computers (with the exception of Macintosh)|
|Monitor||VGA, SVGA, XGA|
|Peripherals||PS/2 keyboard, PS/2 mouse, extended speakers|
|Video Link Performance||640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768|
|Video Link Compatibility||VGA, SVGA, XGA|
|Video Interface||VGA compatible |
Analog RGB (15, pin D-shell), non-interlaced
60 Hz refresh rate
|Audio Support||Digital audio|
|Radio Protocol||IEEE 802.11a|
|Modulation Nominal Output||17 dBm|
|Power Range||XGA video resolution to 100 feet|
|Security||AES encryption, proprietary 802.11a link layer and proprietary video compression|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there are not really many options for an all in one wireless solution. As far as wireless extension goes, they are pretty much either USB or video/audio, so both would be needed to do a full KVM solution. Some products can be seen here: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/gefen-wireless-extender.html If you have questions, please feel free to give us a call at 1-877-586-6654.