Tripp Lite's 16-Port NetCommander Cat5 IP KVM switch is the optimal solution for controlling multiple computers from either a local console or a remote location. Simultaneous support is provided for up to one local and one remote user, allowing each to access a different port on the KVM at the same time. A single unit occupies a mere 1U of rack space, yet can control up to 16 directly connected computers. Each computer/server can be located up to 100 ft. from the KVM switch using Cat5e/6 cabling, with support for video resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz.
A full-screen graphical OSD with multi-level authentication (Administrator and User) allows you to quickly and efficiently manage your installation. Allows for remote authentication via RADIUS and LDAP/S, and supports both IPv4 and IPv6. The OSD includes a range of settings for system configuration that allow you to add accounts, customize account access, install a SSL certificate, backup and restore system settings, upgrade firmware, and more.
Accessing the connected computers is a breeze; a wide range of video and mouse sync settings ensure optimal remote session performance in any situation. In addition to ports for computers/servers, two serial ports are provided for the connection and control of serial manageable devices such as PDU's, firewalls, and routers. IP PDU's can be added as devices to be controlled by the KVM, and individual KVM ports can be assigned to a PDU port, giving you the ability to Power Cycle or Power Off/On the computer/server connected to that port. Additionally, Virtual Media allows an .iso file located in a Shared folder of a SAMBA or NFS server to be mounted to a Target Server and accessed as if it were directly stored on it. Virtual Media data transfer rates up to 12Mbps (B078-101-USB2 required) are supported. A B078-101-USB-1 can be used to provide Virtual Media support, but only at speeds up to 1Mbps.
Other features include dual ethernet ports, SNMP messaging, and a log that records the events that take place on the installation. Constructed of heavy-duty steel housing.
- 16-Port, 1+1 User NetCommander Cat5 IP KVM Switch
- Directly connect up to 16 computers/servers
- Connected computers/servers can be located up to 100 ft. (30 m.) away from the KVM using inexpensive Cat5e/6 cabling and B078-101-USB2, B078-101-USB-1, or B078-101-PS2 SIUs
- Supports HD video resolutions up to 1920 x 1080, including widescreen formats such as 1680 x 1050 and 1600 x 1200
- Simultaneous support for 2 users (1 local, 1 remote)
- Java-based application allows for control of a target server via web browser from any location over a secure IP connection
- Multi-Level account access - Administrator and User accounts can be created, with a password being required to access the KVM switch and your assigned permissions. Administrator accounts have full access, while User accounts can be set up to access only the ports and features necessary to that individual.
- Accessing the connected computers is a breeze; a wide range of video and mouse sync settings ensure optimal remote session performance in any situation
- Remote authentication support - RADIUS and LDAP/S
- Supports both IPv4 and IPv6
- PDU Control - Add IP PDU's as devices that can be controlled by the KVM. Assign individual ports on the KVM to a PDU port to Power Cycle or Power Off/On the computer/server connected to that port.
- Virtual Media allows an .iso file located in a Shared folder of a SAMBA or NFS server to be mounted to a Target Server and accessed as if it were directly stored on it. Virtual Media data transfer rates up to 12Mbps (B078-101-USB2 required) are supported. A B078-101-USB-1 can be used to provide Virtual Media support, but only at speeds up to 1Mbps.
- Dual Serial Ports - Connect serial manageable devices such as PDU's, firewalls, and routers.
- Dual Ethernet provides redundancy in the event of a crash
- Dual Ethernet Ports - If one network port fails, the other takes over.
- Supports the highest security standards for encryption ( 128-bit SSL and HTTPS )
- BIOS level control to any server's brand and model, regardless of the server condition and network connectivity. Covers the entire spectrum of crash scenarios.
- Allows for system sent messages to SNMP server to notify of LAN failures.
- Event log records events that take place on the installation, such as logins, reboots, network settings changes, etc..
- Allows for the installation of a SSL certificate to ensure secure transactions between the Web servers and browsers.
- Access and control the KVM via the graphical remote interface, or a text based local OSD.
- Flash upgradeable firmware over the network.
- Constructed of heavy-duty steel housing
- Connected Computers/Servers
- PS/2 and USB keyboard/mouse ports
- HD15 (VGA) port
- Supports Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Remote Console Computers
- Pentium 4 with 2GB memory
- Supports Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Windows Operating Systems can remotely access the KVM via Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome browsers
- Linux Operating Systems can remotely access the KVM via Firefox or Chrome browsers
Hardware VersionsA new hardware version (v2) of the B072-016-1-IP was released in 2014, and it requires different firmware than was used in the previous version (v1). In the Support tab on this web page you will find two zip folders; one for hardware version 1 and one for hardware version 2. In addition to including the applicable firmware, each zip folder contains a FW Notes file that will tell you how to determine which hardware version you have, and therefore, which firmware you need to use.
- B072-016-1-IP 16-Port, 1+1 User NetCommander Cat5 IP KVM Switch
- Rackmount Hardware
- Power Cord
- Owner's Manual CD
- Quick Start Guide
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 104°F
(0° to 40°C)
|Storage Temperature||-4°F to 140°F
(-20° to 60°C)
|Relative Humidity||0 to 80% RH, Non-Condensing|
|Console Ports||(x16) RJ45 Female)
(x2) USB A Female
|Approvals||UL 60950-1 (USA), CSA (Canada), FCC Part 15 Class A, CE IEC 60950-1, RoHS|
|Warranty||2-year limited warranty|
The Tripp Lite B072-016-1-IP is the direct replacement for the Minicom OSU70030A, also knon as the OSU70030,0SU70030A, 0SU70030.