The Avocent CCM1650 console management appliance provides secure serial over IP console access. The Avocent CCM1650 16-port console switch expands Avocent DS Series patented, field-proven KVM over IP technology with secure access to local or remote serially-managed devices. Avocent DSView3 management software provides easy local or remote management of CCM appliances.
Avocent CCM1650 Console Server Function Diagram
Avocent CCM1650 Console Server Software Features
- Complete KVM, Serial and Power Management Solution: CCM1650 works in unison with other Avocent KVM switches and appliances to enable administrators to manage a wide range of data center devices through local access at the rack or by remote access through KVM over IP connections.
- Ease of Management: Avocent DSView3 management software provides easy and secure local or remote management of CCM appliances.
- Security: The Avocent CCM1650 secure console server appliance offers internal and external user authentication methods and port-specific access rights.
- Ease of Access: For administrators that prefer GUI-based session launching, Avocent's management software provides an intuitive, explorer-like interface to organize servers into logical groupings and permit session launching via a simple mouse click. With support for custom folders, labels, and icons, it is no longer necessary to recall cryptic machine names or IP addresses.
- Scalable: The Avocent CCM1650 console switch appliance architecture is scalable rather than stackable; there are no restrictions on the number of CCM appliances that can be added to an installation.
- Non-blocked Access: The Avocent CCM1650 serial console server architecture supports simultaneous sessions to all serial ports.
Avocent CCM1650 Console Server Hardware Features
- Solaris Ready: Hardware break suppression ensures uninterrupted operation of Solaris servers even if power is lost to the CCM appliance.
- Break Generation: Hardware break, sometimes referred to as STOP-A, may be intentionally generated via Telnet or SSH clients.
- Port History: Port history functionality includes offline buffering, string search and various modes to save or clear onboard history buffers.
- Direct Port Addressing: Sessions may be established directly to any CCM appliance port by using SSH to bypass the CCM command line interface.
Avocent CCM1650 Console Server Specifications:
|Operating Temperature||0C to 40C|
|Operating Voltage||90 - 267 VAC|
|Power Frequency||50 - 60 Hz, 0.5A|
|Input|| 45 W maximum |
|Type||Ethernet: IEEE 802.3, 10BaseT.|
|Fast||Ethernet: IEEE 802.3U, 100BaseT.|
|Connector|| RJ-45. |
|Approved Agency||ANSI/UL 60950-1, CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1-CAN/CSA (UL cUL Listed), IEC 60950-1 (2001-10), CENELEC EN 60950-1 FCC P. 15 Class A, ICES-003, EN 55022: 1998 Class A, EN 61000-3-3, AS/NZS CISPR 22, CNS 13438 - Issued: 1997/01/01, VCCI V-3/02.04 Class A, EN 55024-1998|