The ATEN CS692 HD USB KVM Switch links two HD-enabled PCs or devices (HDMI) to a single USB keyboard, USB mouse, and HD display console. The CS692 KVM Switch takes a giant step forward from prior models by offering full HDMI functionality, USB 2.0 peripheral sharing (via a USB hub attached to the USB mouse port), and a firmware upgrade function that allows you to keep up with latest available versions.
Featuring an unbeatable combination of HDMI functionality, USB 2.0 peripheral sharing convenience, gaming keyboard support, and enhanced user-friendly operations, the CS692 allows users to keep up with the latest innovations in desktop multimedia applications.
ATEN CS692 Features:
- One HD video console controls two HD-enabled PCs or devices
- HDMI compatible; HDCP compatible
- Computer selection via remote port selector, hotkeys, and USB mouse
- Audio-enabled - full bass response provides a rich experience for 2.1 channel surround sound systems
- Independent switching of the KVM and Audio focus - one computer has the KVM focus and the other the Audio focus*
- Multiplatform support - Windows, Mac, Linux
- Compact design, built-in all-in-one cables (2 x 1.2 m)
- Superior video quality - up to 1920 x 1200; 1080p
- Compatible with widescreen LCD monitors
- Video DynaSyncª - exclusive ATEN technology eliminates boot-up display problems and optimizes resolution when switching between ports
- Power on detection - if one computers is powered off, the CS692 will automatically switch to the other computer
- Supports gaming and multimedia keyboards
- Supports multifunction and wireless keyboards and mice
- Console mouse port emulation/bypass feature supports most mouse drivers and multifunction mice
- Mac keyboard support and emulation**
- USB 2.0 mouse port can be used for USB hub and USB peripheral sharing***
- Firmware upgradable
Note: * HD audio through the HD monitor's built-in speakers cannot be switched independently.
** PC keyboard combinations emulate Mac keyboards. Mac keyboards work only with their own computers.
*** May require an additional power adapter. To use the USB 2.0 mouse port as a USB hub, you must first disable mouse emulation mode.
Aten CS692 Diagram
Aten CS692 Requirements:
- An HDMI monitor
- USB keyboard and mouse
- Microphone and speakers (optional)
- An HDMI port
- Type A USB port
- Audio ports (optional)
Aten CS692 Package Content:
- 1 CS-692 2-port USB HD Audio/Video KVM Switch with cables built-in
- 1 Remote Port Selector
- 2 Hotkey Stickers
- 1 User Manual
Aten CS692 Specifications:
|Height||1.04 in. (2.65 cm.)|
|Width||3.23 in. (8.20 cm.)|
|Depth||2.64 in. (6.70 cm.)|
|Weight||0.90 lbs. (.41 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32-122 F (0-50 C)|
-4-140 F (-20-60 C)
0-80% RH, Non-condensing
|Port Selection||Remote Port Selector,|
|Video Resolution||1080p; 1920 x 1200|
|Power Consumption||DC 5V, 2.65W|
|Scan Interval||5 seconds default (1-99 secs)|
|Keyboard, Mouse & Monitor||2 x USB Type A|
1 x HDMI Type A
|Audio||1 x Mini Stereo Jack (Green)|
1 x Mini Stereo Jack (Pink)
|KVM Ports||4 x USB Type A|
2 x HDMI Type A
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Converting signals in regards to KVM switches is tricky business, especially when considering either DisplayPort or HDMI signals. While it should work in theory, we generally don't recommend attempting to convert signals and could not guarantee compatibility.
If you were to attempt a conversion, you may have better luck with an active type converter as opposed to a passive adapter. We would also mention that while an adapter/converter may work, it may operate with degraded performance or limited functionality.
Question: would this work to convert one satellite or game system signal into two tv screens.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. This type of device is generally used for connecting two sources (two computers in this case) to a single display and unfortunately, they do not work in reverse.
For the best performance, you may be interested in a dedicated HDMI splitter like the Gefen EXT-HDMI1.3-142D (https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/ext-hdmi1-3-142d.html.