The Raritan Dominion PX DPXR20-20L is 2U horizontal PDU with 20 x NEMA 5-15R outlets, 120V AC, 20A, 1.9kVA, NEMA locking plug: L5-20P. Ethernet and serial connections. This Intelligent Remote Power Management Solution helps IT administrators improve uptime and staff productivity, save money and improve utilization of power resources.
With the Dominion PX:
- Emergencies can be resolved with remote serial and TCP/IP access to outlet-level switching, improving MTTR.
- Capacity planning is simplified with unit-level and outlet-level power utilization information.
- Staff can gather detailed power information to improve uptime and productivity.
- Travel costs and time can be saved with remote power cycling and monitoring.
Information provided by the Dominion PX - displayed at the strip via an LED display, and remotely through a Web browser - can be used to improve capacity planning through power consumption information for both the PDU and individual receptacle. Precise, outlet-level access and control allows users to reboot attached devices.
Whether used alone or integrated with other Raritan solutions, the intelligent Dominion PX offers secure access with 256-bit AES encryption and strong passwords. Dominion PX supports advanced authorization options including outlet-level permissions and LDAP/S, RADIUS and Active Directory. Flexible management interfaces support HTTP, HTTPS, IPMI, SMASH-CLP, SSH, Telnet and SNMP, as well as user-configurable, outlet-level delays for power sequencing.
Dominion PX Remote Power Management Solutions can be integrated with the following Raritan solutions:
- KVM switches: Dominion KX II and Paragon II
- Secure console servers: Dominion SX
- Centralized IT infrastructure management: CommandCenter Secure Gateway
Raritan DPXS12-20 Features:
- Power Sequencing (User Defined) - In the event the PX is reset, the outlets will be turned on in a user-defined sequence at user-defined intervals to prevent tripping circuit breakers due to in-rush currents. (Applies only to PX models that support switching.)
- Receptacle Status Retention - In the event of a power outage, power is restored only to those receptacles that were on before the outage. For PX models that don't support switching, power will be restored to all outlets.
- Circuit Breakers - The PX uses UL 489 circuit breakers instead of fuses in 30A/32A models or higher, meeting the newest safety standard for branch circuit protection (UL60950 third edition). This eliminates the need for spare fuses and the time to replace them. Also, in many cases, a certified/licensed electrician is required to replace a fuse, whereas circuit breakers can be reset by a user.
- Power Metering - The PX enables users to measure power at the outlet level (RMS, apparent power), providing an accurate view of power consumption at both a server or PDU level.
- Alerting - In case a threshold is exceeded, or a circuit breaker trips, the PX alerts the user via e-mail, SMS (via external gateway), audio alarm, and SNMP TRAPs, providing advanced warning before major incidents occur.
- Overload Alarm - User-configurable current threshold provides audible and visual alarm on current overload, allowing the user to act immediately to prevent potential burnouts and interruption of services.
- Environmental Monitoring - The PX supports external optional but fully integrated temperature and humidity sensors, providing early warning about hotspots or changes in cooling.
- Seven-Segment LED Display - Shows actual current, voltage and circuit breaker status of the PDU for both the total strip and for individual receptacles.
- IP Auto Configuration with DHCP, BOOTP - Easy setup and administration.
- Flexible Remote Access Options - Users can access the PX through a variety of access protocols for switching (where supported), metering, data collection and monitoring:
- Convenient HTML GUI
- Server Management Interface (IPMI)
- Network Management Interface (SNMP)
- UNIX-like console interface via serial connector or TELNET/SSH (compatible with SMASH server management)
- Dynamic DNS Support - Users can access the PX over a connection with a dynamically assigned IP address - which corresponds to a single DNS name.
- IPMI and SMASH CLP - The first and only PDU in the world that supports industry management standards: the Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) and the Distributed Management Task Force's (DMTF) Systems Management Architecture for Server Hardware (SMASH) CLP, providing a uniform way to manage both servers and the PDU.
- HTML User Interface - The PX's intuitive browser-based GUI enables remote energy management.
- Outlet Grouping - When using PX models which support switching in a stand-alone mode over TCP/IP, users can define multiple outlets across multiple PDUs to function as a single virtual outlet. This is useful for powering down and rebooting servers with redundant power supplies.
- Virtual Outlets - For PX models that support switching, outlets on multiple PX units can be grouped for ease of management and administration of servers.
- Integration with Multiple Raritan Solutions - Simplified power control capabilities, power on/off/recycle, is available through Raritan's Dominion KXII, Dominion SX, Paragon II, and CommandCenter Secure Gateway 3.1.1 or higher, providing systems administrators access to power control via oneuser interface.
Raritan DPXS12-20 Specifications:
|Height||3.46 in. (88 mm.)|
|Width||17.32 in. (440 mm.)|
|Depth||10.79 in. (274 mm.)|
|Weight||12.8 lbs. (5.8 kg.)|
|Mounting||Rack mount brackets included|
|Display/control panel||LED for current and voltage by outlet and total PDU|
|Line cord||10 ft. (3 m.)|
|LED power ON/OFF indicators||at each outlet|
|Operating Temperature||5-45 degrees Celsius|
|Humidity||5-90% RH non-condensing|
|Rack Environment Management||Optional temperature and humidity sensors (RJ-12 connector)|
|Nominal voltage||120V AC, single phase|
|Maximum line current per phase||20A|
|Plug type||NEMA L5-20P|
|Nominal voltage||120V AC|
|Maximum current draw||20A|
|Switched receptacles||20 x NEMA 5-15R|
|Inlet||Voltage, current, power|
|Outlet||Voltage, current, power|
|Interface and Protocol Support|
|10-100 Mbps Ethernet||RJ-45 connector|
|Authentication||Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS|
|Security||SSH, HTTPS, ACL, strong passwords, certificates, 256-bit AES encryption|
|Other||SMASH CLP, IPMI, SNMP TRAPs, SETs, GETs, V2/V3, Web browser access|