Avocent Remote Access Center
Recommended replacement: Adder IPEPS
Alternative options: Contact Us
The Avocent DSI5100 IPMI proxy appliance helps IT administrators maintain server power management and system health. Temperature, fans and voltage can be monitored and controlled all without installing new tools. Power management is a significant benefit to accessing the Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) Avocent technology embedded in servers for remote out-of-band access to sensors on target devices. IT administrators use IPMI to monitor and control system health including temperature, fans and voltage. With power and system health monitoring now internal on IPMI-enabled servers, you know exactly which server needs attention. Because IPMI data is stored on a stand-alone processor independent of the OS, BIOS and CPU, you can use IPMI even when the operating system is unresponsive.
DSView 3 management software works in conjunction with the DSI5100 IPMI proxy appliance to control power and system health on individual IPMI-enabled servers. The same secure, single software interface is used to manage KVM, serial and external power devices.
Avocent DSI5100 remote access center (DSI5100-001) Features and Benefits:
- Consolidated appliance management: The DSI5100 Proxy Appliance is managed with DSView 3 management software which provides a single interface to access and control all data center appliances including IPMI data, KVM, serial and external-managed power connections.
- Efficient power management: Accesses power control without the need for a managed power unit
- Intelligent power shutdown: Using the DSI5100 appliance to access IPMI firmware, IT administrators can signal the device for an intelligent power shutdown instead of a hard shutdown.
- Firewall routing: Securely proxies IPMI data from UDP to TCP data stream for routing to a user console through a firewall. Out-of-band operation IPMI data is stored on a stand-alone processor that is independent of the OS, BIOS and CPU. IT administrators can, therefore, use IPMI even when the operating system is unresponsive.
- Compatibility: Supports multi-vendor server environments
- Expansion: Click and connect access and control for up to 64 target devices
Avocent DSI5100 remote access center (DSI5100-001) Specifications:
|Height||1.75 in. (4.45 cm)|
|Width||17.00 in. (43.18 cm)|
|Depth||11.00 in. (27.94 cm)|
|Weight||8.00 lbs. ( 3.6 kg) without cables|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit (0-40 Degrees Celsius)|
Humidity 10 - 95% non-condensing
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 158 degress Fahreheit (-20 to 70 degrees Celsius)|
|Operating Voltage||110-240 VAC|
|Power Frequency||50 - 60 Hz autosensing|
|Input||IEC connector on back of appliance|
|Ethernet||100 BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u compatible|
|Serial Port||Serial RS232 via DB9 Male connector|
|Approved Agency||UL1950 third edition, cUL, FCC Part 15 Class A, CE, VCCI, C-Tick, GS, GOST, MIC, IRAM|