Avocent's DSR4010 combines digital and analog access in a 16-port KVM switch, providing simultaneous access for up to 4 users - all 4 being remote or 3 remote and 1 local. This addition to the DS Series system works with Avocent's intuitive OSCAR interface for access at the rack and uses Avocent's enhanced DSView centralized management software for remote IP-based access.
Avocent DSR4010 (DSR4010-AM) Features and Benefits
- Only Avocent's DS Series provides integrated control of all major sever platforms as well as serial-based devices. The OSCAR interface lets you easily name and locate servers. DSView uses industry standard TCP/IP (Ethernet) connections so that you can easily troubleshoot, or even reboot a server, from the NOC, from your desk or from any location in the world. Plus, DSView provides advanced reporting and audit logs.
- With Avocent's DS management software, which includes DSView and DSWebview, you benefit from convenient access to any connected device from any location in the world.
- DSView client software provides secure click-and-connect control of any connected device, using IP connections. DSWebview provides secure browser-based access over the web. Avocent browser-based or client-based access offers flexibility that lets you manage connected devices from any location you choose.
- The DSRIQ CAT 5 cabling provides connectivity from the DSR4010 to the server. With its CAT 5 design, the DSRIQ significantly reduces cable bulk in the rack and is well suited for high-density installations. Plus, the DSRIQ's built-in microprocessor retains server names, which makes installations and reconfigurations much easier.
- Click-and-Connect with DS Management Software: The DS management software is the cornerstone of the DS series and integrates control of servers and serial devices. DS management software includes the DSView client, DSAuth server, DSAdmin and DSWebview. With DSView, you can access all of your data center devices using a standard IP connection. The DSWebview interface provides secure, browser-based access to virtually any data center device via Avocent's DS Series product suite. Avocent's DSView interface provides secure click-and-connect control to any connected device, using IP connections.
- For added user security, Avocent's DSAuth user authentication software stores permissions, topology and per-device contact information for the DS Series. It also performs third party authentication during connection to the switch.
Note: DSView and DSAuth are sold separately. See ordering details for more information.
- Connectivity - Digital paths and analog port provide local and IP sessions in a single switch
- Scalability - Grows with your expanding IT environment by providing control for an unlimited number of servers; adding a user is as simple as adding a client
- Compact Design - Optimizes valuable rack space in 1U design
- Smart CAT 5 Cabling - Reduces cable bulk in the rack; assigns and retains server names
- Support - Major server platforms and VT100 serial-based devices
- Flash Upgradeable - Hardware designed for future firmware compatibility
Avocent DSR4010 (DSR4010-AM) Specifications:
|Height||1.75 in. (4.45 cm)|
|Width||17.00 in. (43.18 cm|
|Depth||11.00 in. (27.94 cm)|
|Weight||8 lbs. (3.6 kg) without cables|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104 degrees F (0 to 40 degrees C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 158 degrees F (-20 to 70 degrees C)|
|Operating Voltage||100 to 240 VAC|
|Power Frequency||50 - 60 Hz Auto Sensing|
|Computers||PS/2, Sun, USB and VT100 serial-based devices|
VGA, SVGA (XGA, XGA-II with adaptor) Maximum resolution Local Port:
PS/2 keyboard, PS/2 mouse, IntelliMouse (PS/2 only), IBM Scrollpoint, Logitech Mouseman+, Logitech Marble Plus, Logitech Marble FX and Kensington Expert mouse
|Approved Agency|| |
EN55022 Class A,EN55024,EN6200-3-2,EN6100-3-3,FCC15 Class A, VCCI Class A, IEC950,EN60950,UL 1950 third edition,CSA C22.2 No.950
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
You can change the password by choosing the 'Set/Change Password' menu option via the Terminal Menu. Please refer to the Avocent DSR4160-AM User Guide (starting at page 31) for further instructions.
If you are not aware of your current password, please feel free to contact Vertiv (Avocent) Technical support at +1 800 543 2378 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on resetting the device via the motherboard.