The SmartAVI DVS2P is a DVI splitter which will split any DVI-D signal from a computer or any other DVI source, and send out the same signal to two monitors or projectors. Both screens will show the same picture.
SmartAVI DVI Splitter Diagram
- Control up to 2 DVI monitors/flat panel displays to display the same video output source from a single PC.
- Use PanelLink digital technology.
- Supports high-resolution dislplay up to UXGA (25-165MHz).
- Can be cascaded.
- Compliant with the specification of DVI 1.0.
- Simultaneous monitor display.
- Plug-and-play, No extra software needed.
- All lower resolutions operate up to 75 Hz vertical refresh
SmartAVI DVS2P Specifications:
|Height||1.6 in. (42 mm.)|
|Width||2.9 in. (75 mm.)|
|Depth||5.3 in. (135 mm.)|
|Weight||1 lb. (0.45 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4° to 122° F (-20° to 50° C)|
|Power Adapter (min)||AC 100V~240V/50~60Hz|
|DVI||1 DVI Female|
|Video Output||2 DVI Female|
|Max. Resolution||1920 x 1200 60 Hz|
|Cable Distance to Monitor||10 m (max)|
|DVI Signal||Split 1 in, 2 out|
|Displays||Show same signal|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. The Mean Time Before Failure (MTBF) reported by SmartAVI for this products is 30,000 hours. If you need more detailed information, please give us a call at 1-877-586-6654.
Question: Do the two monitors connected to the outputs need to have the same resolution?
Answer: The resolution is set by the computer that is outputting the signal. This style of splitter mirrors the image, so yes the resolution will be/needs to be the same.