The Avocent Emerge ECMS2000U is a Digital Workstation Extender which includes both the Transmitter and Receiver. It extends digital and analog video, USB keyboard and mouse, USB media, and audio signals with the Emerge ECMS2000 digital workstation extender. The ECMS2000 extender provides today's digital content creation professionals with high resolution video, rich color depth, uncompromised responsiveness, CD quality audio, and compatibility with a wide range of user interface devices - while mission critical servers are securely maintained and managed.
The Avocent Emerge ECMS2000 digital workstation extender provides hardware-based digital desktop extension of video, keyboard, mouse, USB mass storage, and audio signals. The Emerge ECMS2000 solution allows users to back-rack digital workstations without impact to power user operations. The Emerge ECMS2000 extender consists of a computer node and user node interconnected in a point-to-point manner at Gigabit Ethernet rates using IP protocols over a single UTP cable.
The Emerge ECMS2000 digital workstation extender meets the demanding needs of today's rich digital content applications, including high resolution video, deep color depth, uncompromised responsiveness, CD quality audio, and compatibility with a wide range of user interface devices - while mission critical servers are securely maintained and managed.
Solution for Broadcast and Post-Production Environments
The Avocent ECMS2000 extender, for example, removes the requirement for conditioned power in the edit suite and greatly reduces ambient noise in the creative space (edit suite or control room). Because the product offers hardware extension, it eliminates the burden that software products place on target servers. The USB mass storage extension functionality of the product provides a cost-effective alternative for expensive USB 2.0 extension products.
Avocent Emerge ECMS2000U Features:
- Digital Desktop Over IP - Provides quality high resolution video using cost-effective UTP cabling and networking devices.
- Advanced Real-Time Compression - Provides frame-by-frame compression resulting in near-zero latency. Eliminates OS specific software and drivers that consume precious server resources.
- DVI-I Video - Supports both digital and analog video computers and display devices for high resolution quality.
- CD Quality Audio - Provides CD quality audio performance for users with computer generated audio applications.
- USB 2.0 Ports - Includes four USB 2.0 ports for keyboard, mouse, and mass storage devices.
- Operates on Standard TCP/IP - Allows the computer and user to be situated anywhere on the 100 or 1000Mbps network with full routing of data across routers, switches and subnets.
- Encryption of Network Data - Ensures full security of user data using 128 bit AES encryption.
- Single Wire Solution - Extends video, audio, and USB signals over a single UTP cable for ease of install and maintenance.
- Upgradeable - Allows future features of the ECMS2000U digital workstation extender to be added to existing hardware.
Avocent Emerge ECMS2000U Application Diagram
Avocent Emerge ECMS2000U Specifications:
|Height||0.83 in. (21 mm.)||1.04 in. (26.5 mm.)|
|Width||2.68 in. (68 mm.)||8.27 in. (210 mm.)|
|Depth||6.02 in. (153 mm.)||5.12 in. (130 mm.)|
|Weight||.66 lbs. (0.3 kg.)||1.54 lbs. (0.7 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32°F (0 ° C) to 95°F (35° C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4°F (-20° C) to 140°F (60°C)|
|Humidity||10% to 90% (Non-condensing)|
|DC input/current rating||5VDC / 1.1A||N/A|
|AC input/frequency/current rating||100 -240 VAC / 50 - 60 Hz / 1A|
|Connections||(2) USB, (1) DVI-I (supports digital and/or analog video), (1) stereo speaker jack, (1) mono microphone jack, (1) RJ-45 network||(2) PS/2, (4) USB, (1) DVI-I, (1) stereo speaker socket, (1) mono microphone socket, (1) RJ-45 network|
|Network Speed||100Mbps or 1Gbps|
|Encryption||SSL/AES 128 bit|
|Performance||USB keyboard, mouse, mass storage devices, stereo speakers 24 bit 44kHz, mono microphone, video up to 1280 x 1024 at 60 Hz||PS/2 / USB keyboard, mouse, mass storage devices, stereo speakers 24 bit 44kHz, mono microphone, video up to 1280 x 1024 at 60 Hz|
|MTBF||25.9 years||27.7 years|
|Approvals||cUL, UL, CE, FCC Class A|