The Avocent EWMS1000T is the Transmitter unit for the Emerge Wireless Media Streamer system.
The Avocent Emerge EWMS1000 wireless media streamer broadcasts standard definition, full-motion, streaming video from an analog video source to multiple display devices up to 1000 feet line-of-sight (LOS). The Emerge EWMS1000 makes installations simple and more cost-effective by eliminating the need for long cable runs and expensive PCs at each display.
This wireless media streamer is a simple hardware solution that requires minimal setup time. On the resource side, the transmitter connects directly to a computer, DVD player, VCR, and other A/V source devices. At the remote end, the receiver connects directly to the display device which could be a plasma screen, projector or monitor. The EWMS1000 media streamer can be used for point-to-point video extension or for point-to-multipoint broadcast applications; the only difference is the number of receivers.
The Emerge EWMS1000 wireless media streamer converts any supported video source to any video output. The EWMS1000 automatically scales to a consistent 640 x 480 resolution. It requires no special application or operating system software.
Avocent EWMS1000T Backside
Avocent Wireless Media Streamer Features:
- Wireless Video - Outputs 30 frames per second full motion video (MPEG2D1) at up to 640 x 480 resolution.
- Multipoint and Point-to-Point Transmission - By pushing a button on each device, the operator can train detected receivers to the transmitter.
- Plug and Play - Quick, simple installation. No software to download or controls required.
- Multiple Input/Output Formats - Built-in support for multiple input/output formats including Component, S-Video, Composite Video, VGA computer video (640 x 480), RS-232 control, and stereo audio.
- Auto Input/Output Detection - The wireless transmitter switches to an active input device and automatically converts and routes video and audio signals to connected displays.
- Optional Antenna - The HGA51G-DIR30 directional antenna is available for extended distance requirements.
- Built-in Signal Strength Monitor - Identifies performance-optimized mounting location automatically without special metering equipment.
- 802.11a Radio Standard - Operates on the least-used standard WLAN frequencies for higher QoS and interference-free connectivity.
- Proprietary Communications Protocol - Proprietary packet protocol offers security and high bandwidth for challenging installations.
- AES Encryption - Built-in Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) for secure wireless connectivity
- Multi-Display RS-232 Interface - Setup, display controls and monitoring the health of up to 8 attached display devices from a single Emerge EWMS1000 transmitter.
Avocent Wireless Media Streamer Point-to-Point Application
Emerge EWMS1000T Specifications:
|Height||1.25 in. (32 mm.)|
|Width||4 in. (102 mm.)|
|Depth||6.5 in. (165 mm.)|
|Weight||2 lbs. (.91 Kg)|
|Enclosure||Metal with 75mm vesa mounts|
|Operating Temperature||32°F (0°C) to 104°F (40°C)|
|Supply||External, 9 volt @ 1amp AC to DC universal|
|Rated Power||5 watts|
|Frequency||5.2 GHz to 5.8 GHz|
|Computer Video Signals||Mini D-Sub 15 pin (socket connector),|
|Input Resolution||Up to WXGA (1366 x 768)* Up to 60 Hz Vertical Refresh|
|Video Signals||Component (Pr, Pb, Py), S-Video, Composite Video, VGA Computer Video 480i @ 30 FPS|
|Audio||Stereo mini jack|
|Control||RS-232 D-Sub 9 Spin|
|Distance||150 feet (46 m) through walls. Up to 1000 feet (305 m) line-of-sight with optional directional antenna|
|Antennas||Two 2dB omni-directional (included). 8dB directional antennas (optional)|
|Antenna Distance Configuration||Line-of-Sight Distance Range|
|2 omni-directional||300 feet||300 feet|
|2 omni-directional||500 feet||750 feet|
|1 omni-directional||1000 feet||1250 feet|
|2 directional||1500 feet||2000 feet|
|Approvals||UL/cUL, CE, FCC Class A, ICES-003 Class A, EN55022 Class A, EN61000-3-2, EN61000-3-3, EN55024, EN 301-489-1, EN 301-893|
* Input resolution will be scaled down to 640 x 480 for transmission.