The Gefen EXT-AVSCALER-PRO is a Audio/Video Scaler Pro with Amplified Audio which enables you to adjust key video aspects such as color, aspect ratio, and noise reduction. Audio and video in different formats is digitized and scaled into outgoing HDMI together with external digital audio (S/PDIF and TOSLINK). Powered speaker outputs (20W x 2) provide convenience when monitoring audio sources.
Video inputs can be HDTV television (HDMI/DVI), Computer video (DVI or VGA), Component, and SD (Composite or S-Video). Computer users will especially benefit from wide-screen scaling of VGA and DVI desktops thanks to the Gefen Audio/Video Scaler Pro.
AV sources are connected to the various input ports on the Gefen Audio/Video Scaler Pro. HDMI with embedded and external coaxial/optical audio emerges at the output. HDTV displays connect to the HDMI output. An on-screen menu is accessible through the IR remote control to allow setup and image adjustment.
Gefen Audio/Video Scaler Pro Backview
Gefen EXT-AVSCALER-PRO Features:
- Both digital and analog inputs are format converted and pixel re-scaled. A large range of formats and resolutions will easily match the native resolution of your display to ensure highest picture quality.
- DVI/HDCP/HDMI compliant input: Operates at video bandwidths of up to 165Mhz (Up to WUXGA @60Hz)
- Supports digital HD output up to 1080p
- Integrated 8-bit triple-ADC/PLL.
- Integrated DVI/HDCP/HDMI compliant receiver.
- Dual high quality scaling engines.
- Dual 3-D motion adaptive de-interlacers with smooth low-angle edge.
- Automatic 3:2 pull-down & 2:2 pull-down detection and recovery.
- High performance frame rate conversion engine.
- The Proprietary Advanced Color Engine technology gives: Brilliant and fresh color, Intensified contrast and details, Vivid skin tone, Sharp edge, Accurate and independent color control
- Option to select audio input from HDMI or TOSlink/SPDIF audio source
- 3D noise reduction on analog inputs only. \
- Operates through on-screen-display (OSD) menu and remote control
- Digital audio delay to match audio/video timing
- Less then one frame delay allowing for gaming
- Aspect ratio control
- Reset button
Gefen Audio/Video Scaler Pro Application Diagram
- (1) Gefen Audio Video Scaler Pro
- (1) 6 ft HDMI cable (M-M)
- (1) 24V DC Power Supply (60W power consumption, max.)
- (1) IR Remote control
- (1) Set of Rack Ears
- (1) User's Manual
Gefen EXT-AVSCALER-PRO Specifications:
|Rack Size||1U (rack-ears included)|
|Weight||6 lbs. (3 kg.)|
|Consumption||60 Watts (max)|
|Input DDC Signal||5 Volts p-p (TTL)|
|Input Video Signal||1.2 Volts p-p|
|HDMI Input Connector||(1) Type A 19 Pin female|
|HDMI Output Connector||(1) Type A 19 Pin|
|DVI Input Connector||(1) DVI-I (29 pin) female|
|Component Input Connector||(1) YPbPr - 3 RCA|
|Composite Input Connector||(1) CVBS - 1 RCA|
|S-video Input connector||(1) Y/C - 4 pin mini-DIN|
|Analog Audio Input Connector||(3) L+R RCA, (1) 3.5mm stereo mini-jack|
|Digital Audio Input Connector||(2) Coaxial (S/PDIF), (2) Optical (TOSLINK)|
|Digital Audio Output Connector||(1) Coaxial (S/PDIF), (1) Optical (TOSLINK)|
|Digital Maximum Pixel Clock||165 MHz|
|Analog Video Bandwidth||350 Mhz|
|Maximum Resolution||1080p/1920 x 1200|
|Maximum Amplification||20 Watts RMS per output|
|Amplified Audio Outputs||(4) Spring clip|
|Remote Control Port||(1) DB-9; RS-232 serial communication|