The Gefen EXT-CAT5-1500 requires just one CAT5 cable to transmit video, audio and control signals to the remote workstation. It essentially bundles the signals together before, during and after transmission so that cabling is reduced while reliable signal transmission is achieved. The EXT-CAT5-1500 is the ideal solution for anyone who desires an effective method to extend their workstation anywhere within 330-feet from the computer. The CAT5-1500 works with all CRT and LCD computer monitors as well as USB-equipped keyboards and mice (Mac or PC).
The EXT-CAT5-1500 uses two CAT5 cables to transmit its signals to the remote workstation because the video is sent separately from the control and audio signals. The key benefit here is that the video can be tweaked or refined on the receiving end. Another benefit is that the video can actually be extended a few hundred feet further (up to 600-feet) if needed. The CAT5-1500 is perfect for anyone who needs to extend the computer workstation and has more demanding video requirements.
How the Gefen EXT-CAT5-1500 works
The EXT-CAT5-1500 utilizes a sender and receiver methodology to connect the extended workstation to the computer. Simply connect the sender unit to your computer using the cables provided. Then connect the receiver unit to the computer’s keyboard, monitor and mouse at the remote location. CAT5 cable(s), sold separately, then connect the sender unit to the receiver unit. Both the sender and the receiver units must be connected to a power supply. When fully powered and operational, the units efficiently extend video, audio and control signals.
Gefen EXT-CAT5-1500 Receiver & Sender Units
Gefen EXT-CAT5-1500 Features:
- Saves space—no need to make room for large or small CPUs at the workstation when the CAT5-1500 provides convenient and flexible ways to isolate the CPU and expand the workstation
- Increased productivity—a remote computer workstation allows computer data to be input and accessed on-site in real-time
- Improved aesthetics—the CAT5-1500 eliminates computer noise where you work
- Full functionality—the CAT5-1500 maintains 1920 x 1200 x 75 resolution video, support two types of analog monitors (CRT and LCD) and DDC control signals
- High Performance Technology—uses Extreme USB technology for USB extension, ensuring control signals operate optimally
- Multimedia Enabled—audio is extended for multimedia applications
- Ease of use—the CAT5-1500 installs in seconds and are rack-mountable
Gefen EXT-CAT5-1500 Package Includes:
- Sender Unit
- Receiver Unit
- One 6ft VGA cable (PC/Black)
- One 6ft USB cable
- One 6ft Audio cable
- Two 5VDC Transformers
Gefen EXT-CAT5-1500 Specifications:
|Height||1.75 in. (4.44 cm.)|
|Width||8 in. (20.32 cm.)|
|Depth||4.6 in. (11.68 cm.)|
|Weight||8 lbs. (3.62 kg.)|
|Supply||5 VDC (External)|
|Consumption||15 Watts (max.)|
|USB - "A" Connector||USB Input|
|USB - "B" Connector||USB Device Input|
|Actual Bandwidth||120 MHz|
|Video Amplifier Bandwidth||350 MHz|
|Input Video Signal||1.2 Volts p-p|
|Input Sync Signal||5 Volts p-p (TTL)|
|Vertical||30 - 170 Hz|
|Focus/Brightness Control||25 to 450 FT|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, according to Gefen, this will work fine with touch screens - as long as the touchscreen operates on USB 1.1.
Question: Does the EXT-CAT5-1500 support USB 2.0 (backwards compatible with USB 1.1)? Does it support 1280x1024 at 60Hz resolution? Can you provide me with the users manual?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, it appears this product has been discontinued by Gefen. We are currently in the process of marking this product as such.
Please give us a call, toll free, at 1-877-586-6654 to discuss your project in greater detail.