The Gefen EXT-DVI-AUDIO-CAT5 DVI Audio Extender extends your DVI and digital/analog audio up to 150 feet away from your HDTV DVI or HDMI source using cost effective CAT-5 cables.
The EXT-DVI-AUDIO-CAT5 DVI Audio Extender sender unit sits next to your video source such as computer, DVD player or any set-top box. The cables supplied with the DVI Audio Extender connect your video source/audio source to the sender. Your display/audio receiver plugs into the back of the DVI Audio Extender receiver. Two CAT-5 cables* connect the sender and the receiver units to each other.
EXT-DVI-AUDIO-CAT5 Package Includes:
- the DVI Audio Extender Sender
- the DVI Audio Extender Receiver
- One 6 foot DVI cable
- One 6 foot Audio RCA cable
- Two 5V Power Supply
- User's Manual
- Uses CAT-5* cable for DDC and control signals
- Saves space on your desktop and increases productivity
- Eliminates computer noise where you work
- Supports VESA Standard resolutions and HDTV resolutions
- Supports DDWG standard for DVI compliant monitors
- Supports multichannel digital audio (DTS, Dolby Digital, etc.)
- Supports Digital 7.1
- Supplies clear digital audio over long distances as if connected locally
- Installs in minutes
Gefen EXT-DVI-AUDIO-CAT5 Specifications:
- Data Transmission Rate: 12.8 Mb/s
- Digital Audio Input/Output: S/PDIF (Digital Coax), Optical TOSlink
- Analog Audio Input/Output: RCA Left and Right
- S/PDIF (Digital Coax): 96 kHz Performance
- Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 1.65 GHz
- Single Link Range:1080P/1920 x 1200
- Input Video Signal:1.2 volts p-p
- Input DDC Signal: 5 volts p-p (TTL)
- Input/Output DVI Connector: DVI-I (29 pin) female, Supports ONLY Digital Signals
- Link Connector: RJ-45 Power Supply: 5VDC
- Power Consumption: 15 Watts (max)
- Dimensions: 2.5" D x 5.5" W x 1" H
- Shipping Weight: 5 Lbs.
- * NOTE: A shielded CAT-5e or CAT-6 cable for video is recommended for optimal video quality. The DDC CAT-5 cable does not need to be shielded.