Gefen GScaler Pro
For upgrade or replacement options: Contact Us
The Gefen EXT-GSCALER-PRO is the GScaler Pro which allows you to adjust key video aspects such as color, aspect ratio, and noise reduction. Audio and video in different formats is digitized and scaled into outgoing HDMI together with external digital audio (S/PDIF and TOSLINK). The compact Gefen GScaler Pro is made to fit neatly in an equipment rack, conveniently close to your center of AV operations.
Video inputs can be HDTV television (HDMI/DVI), Computer video (DVI or VGA), Component, and SD (Composite or S-Video). Anything from set-top boxes and DVD players to the next generation of gaming consoles including the Xbox 360 and PS3 can be interfaced to the Gefen GScaler Pro. Computer users will especially benefit from wide-screen scaling of VGA and DVI desktops thanks to the GScaler Pro.
How the Gefen Scaler Pro Works:
AV sources are connected to the various input ports on the GScaler Pro. HDMI with embedded and external coaxial/optical audio emerges at the output. HDTV displays connect to the HDMI output. An easy to use on-screen menu is accessible through the IR remote control to allow effortless setup and image adjustment.
Note: In order for the HDMI output signal and external digital audio outputs to contain digital audio, each video input signal must be paired with a like type of analog or digital audio signal prior to conversion to a purely digital signal. For instance, a VGA signal would be input along with analog 2-channel L/R audio. A DVI-D source could be input along with TOSLINK. The result is a single HDMI output signal with both embedded and external digital audio containing as many audio channels as were input.
Input of a DVI-D signal (or display of an HDMI signal on a DVI-D monitor) requires a DVI to HDMI cable or adapter.
Gefen GScaler Pro Back View
Gefen EXT-GSCALER-PRO Features:
- Both digital and analog inputs are format converted and pixel re-scaled. A large range of formats and resolutions will easily match the native resolution of your display to ensure highest picture quality.
- DVI/HDCP/HDMI compliant input: Operates at bandwidths up to 165Mhz (Up to 1600 _ 1200 WUXGA resolution @60Hz)
- Supports digital HD output up to 1080p.
- Integrated 8-bit triple-ADC/PLL.
- Integrated DVI/HDCP/HDMI compliant receiver.
- Dual high quality scaling engines.
- Dual 3D motion video source adaptive deinterlacers with smooth low angle edge.
- Auto 3:2 pull-down and 2:2 pull-down detection & recovery.
- High performance frame rate conversion engine.
- Proprietary Advanced Color Engine Technology for brilliant and fresh color, intensified contrast and details, vivid skin tones, sharp edges, and accurate and independent color control.
- Option to select audio input from HDMI or TOSlink/SPDIF audio source.
- 3D noise reduction (Composite and S-Video inputs only)
- Operates through an on-screen display (OSD) menu controlled via included remote control
- Digital Audio Delay to match audio/video timing
- Less then one frame delay for smooth video when gaming
- 19-inch Rack Ear Kit included for mounting in an equipment rack
- Aspect Ratio Control
- Reset Button
- (1) Gefen GScaler Pro
- (1) 6 ft HDMI cable (M-M)
- (1) 5V DC Power Supply
- (1) IR Remote control
- (1) Rack Ears
- (1) User's Manual
Gefen EXT-GSCALER-PRO Specifications:
|Height||2 in. (5 cm.)|
|Width||17 in. (43 cm.)|
|Depth||6 in. (15 cm.)|
|Shipping Weight||6 lbs. (3 kg.)|
|Power Supply||24V DC|
|Power Consumption||60 watts max|
|Input Video Signal||1.2 Volts p-p|
|Input DDC Signal||5 Volts p-p (TTL)|
|Input/Output HDMI Connector||Type A, 19 Pin Female|
|Digital Video Connector (input)||1x DVI-D (via DVI-I Connector)|
|Analog Video Connector (input)||1x VGA (via DVI-I Connector)|
|Analog Video Connector (input)||3x RCA Component Jacks|
|Analog Video Connector (input)||1x RCA Composite or 1 S-Video|
|Analog Audio Connector (input)||1x 3.5mm Mini Jack|
|Digital Audio Connector (output)||2x Optical TOSlink, Coax SPDIF|
|Digital Audio Connector (output)||2x Optical (TOSlink) and Coaxial (S/PDIF)|
|Digital Video Amplifier Bandwidth||165 MHz|
|Component Video Bandwidth||350 Mhz|
|Maximum Resolution||1080p/1920 x 1200|