The Gefen EXT-GSCALER-PRON is an all-in-one commercial-grade AV switcher/scaler for a myriad of AV sources including additional audio support for DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus Scale analog and digital video up to 1080p / 1920x1200 and output as digital HDMI with digital audio. Easily adjust key video aspects such as color, aspect ratio, and noise reduction with the Gefen Audio/Video Scaler Pro. Digitize and scale audio and video in different formats into outgoing HDMI together with external digital audio (S/PDIF and TOSLINK).
Fitting neatly in an equipment rack, the Gefen Audio/Video Scaler Pro is conveniently located close to the center of AV operations. Rack ears are included.
The Gefen Audio/Video Scaler Pro video accepts the following inputs:
- HDTV television (HDMI/DVI)
- Computer video (DVI or VGA)
- SD (Composite or S-Video)
Additional RS232 functions The Gefen Scaler Pro can interface with a variety of sources from set-top boxes and DVD players, to all popular video gaming consoles, with full 1080p support and compliancy with HDCP. Wide-screen scaling of VGA and DVI desktops is also achieved by the Gefen Scaler Pro.
How it Works:
Connect AV sources to the input ports on the Gefen Scaler Pro. An HDMI signal with embedded and external coaxial/optical emerges at the output. Connect HDTV displays to the HDMI output. Use the easy-to-use on-screen menu with the included IR remote control to permit easy trouble-free setup and image adjustment.
Note: Scalers Defined
Scalers are devices placed between the source and the display that enable the conversion of an input video signal from one format to a different resolution. Incoming video signals from different video source outputs (composite, component, HDMI) are converted to user-selectable output resolutions up to 1920x1200 or 1080p. Scalers can improve the quality of the image if the display has an inexpensive built-in scaler. This is done by outputting the video set to the native resolution of the display, bypassing its internal scaler. This ensures the best quality video possible.
Input of a DVI-D signal (or display of an HDMI signal on a DVI-D monitor) requires an additional DVI to HDMI cable or adapter.
(See DVI to HDMI cable or adapter).
Gefen EXT-GSCALER-PRON Backview
Gefen EXT-GSCALER-PRON Features:
- Both digital and analog inputs are format converted and pixel re-scaled @ 1080p to match the native resolution of your display
- DVI/HDCP/HDMI compliant input: Operates at bandwidths up to 165Mhz (Up to 1920 _ 1200 WUXGA resolution @60Hz)
- Supports Dolby Digitalª, DTS-HD-MAª, Dolby TrueHDª and up to 8 channel LPCM
- Supports digital HD output up to 1080p/60Hz
- Supports 1080p/24Hz true movie pass-thru
- Integrated 8-bit triple-ADC/PLL
- Dual high quality scaling engines
- Dual 3D motion video source adaptive deinterlacers with smooth low angle edge
- Auto 3:2 pull-down and 2:2 pull-down detection & recovery
- High performance frame rate conversion engine
- Proprietary Advanced Color Engine Technology for brilliant and fresh color, intensified contrast and details, vivid skin tones, sharp edges, and accurate and independent color control.
- Option to select audio input from HDMI or TOSLINK/SPDIF audio source
- 3D noise reduction (Composite and S-Video inputs only)
- Operates through an on-screen display (OSD) menu controlled via included remote control
- Digital Audio Delay to match audio/video timing
- Less then one frame delay for smooth video when gaming
- 19-inch Rack Ear Kit included for mounting in an equipment rack
- Aspect Ratio Control
- (1) Gefen Audio/Video Scaler Pro
- (1) 6 ft HDMI cable (M-M)
- (1) 5V DC Power Supply
- (1) IR Remote control
- (1) Rack Ears
- (1) User's Manual
Gefen EXT-GSCALER-PRON Application Diagram
Gefen EXT-GSCALER-PRON Specifications:
|Width||17.1 in. (43.4 cm.)|
|Height||1.6 in. (4.1 cm.)|
|Depth||6.7 in. (17 cm.)|
|Weight||6.0 lbs. ( 2.7 kgs.)|
|Digital Maximum Pixel Clock||165 MHz|
|Analog Video Bandwidth||350 MHz|
|Input DDC Signal||5 Volts p-p (TTL)|
|Input Video Signal||1.2 Volts p-p|
|HDMI Input/Output Connector||(1) Type A 19 Pin Female|
|DVI Input Connector||(1) DVI-I (29 pin) female|
|Component Input Connector||(1) YPbPr- 3 RCA|
|Composite Input Connector||(1) CVBS- 1 RCA|
|S-Video Input Connector||(1) Y-C - 4 pin mini-DIN|
|Analog Audio Input Connector||(3) L+R RCA, (1) 3.5mm stereo mini-jackDigital Audio Input Connector: (2) Coaxial (S/PDIF), (2) Optical (TOSLINK)|
|Digital Audio Output Connector||(1) Coaxial (S/PDIF), (1) Optical (TOSLINK)|
|Remote Control Port||(1) DB-9; RS-232 serial communication|
|Rack Size||1U (rack ears included)|
|Power Supply||5V DC|
|Power Consumption||20 watts (max)|
This product is the replacement for the EXT-TV-MFS.