Gefen 1:8 HDMI CAT5 Distribution Amplifier
Recommended replacement: Aten VS1818T
Alternative options: Contact Us
The Gefen EXT-HDMI-CAT5-148 is a 1x8 HDMI/CAT5 Distribution Amplifier which allows you to distribute a single HDMI video source remotely to as many as 8 separate HDTV displays via inexpensive and standard CAT5 cables as well as HDMI cables.
How it the HDMI Distribution Amplifier works:
Plug your master video source into the Gefen 1x8 HDMI/CAT5 D.A. Sender unit, then run your cables to the remote locations. If you are using HDMI cables, just attach up to 8 HDMI cables on the outputs and connect the ends to the displays. After connection of cables, power up (or re-start) all equipment and you will have effortless HDMI video duplication at all locations.
- CAT5 cable extensions may be up to 300 feet (1080i) or 150 ft (1080p).
- CAT5 video distribution requires two cables per connection.
- All displays that cannot show the same video resolution(s) as the Primary Display connected to Output #1 may fail to show a picture. Secondary displays follow the Primary by sharing the resolution and capability information (EDID) obtained from the Primary Display.
Gefen 1x8 HDMI/Cat5 Distribution Amplifier Backside
Gefen 1x8 HDMI/CAT5 Distribution Amplifier Features:
- HDMI Video Distribution to up to 8 displays
- 300 ft. at 1080i; 150-ft range for 1080p
- Enables greater versatility when installing multiple HDMI displays
- Maintains high resolution video - beautiful, sharp HDTV resolutions up to 1080p, 2k, and computer resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 are easily achieved
- HDCP compliant
- 1x HDMI CAT5 Distribution Amplifier
- 1x HDMI 6-foot cable Male-Male
- 24V DC power supply
Gefen EXT-HDMI-CAT5-148 Specifications::
|Height||3.5 in. (8.9 cm.)|
|Width||17.2 in. (43.7 cm.)|
|Depth||5.5 in. (14.0 cm.)|
|Shipping Weight||10 lbs. (5 kg.)|
|Consumption||50 watts (max.)|
|HDMI||type A 19 pin female|
|Video||1.2 volts p-p|
|DDC||5 volts p-p (TTL)|
|Video Amplifier Bandwidth||165 MHz|
|Single Link Range||1080p/1920 x 1200|