A Next Generation Extender for Hi-Speed USB Peripherals
The Gefen USB 2.0 Extender (EXT-USB-2.0) gives you the freedom to connect high performance, hi-speed USB peripherals up to 150 feet (50 meters) from the CPU. It provides you with instant access to more data (up to 480 mbps) at even these long distances. Greater USB 2.0 functionality is assured as the extended peripherals perform as if connected locally.
The Hi-speed Gefen USB 2.0 Extender (EXT-USB-2.0) transmits data up to 480 mbps - way beyond the former 12 mbps limit - allowing for little or no downtime when accessing higher performance applications such as digital imaging and interactive gaming. Hi-speed USB 2.0 is forward and backward compatible with original USB, and uses the same cables and connectors.
How it Works
The Gefen USB 2.0 Extender (EXT-USB-2.0) sender is connected to the computer. The Gefen USB 2.0 Extender (EXT-USB-2.0) receiver is connected to the extended hi-speed USB 2.0 peripheral. Sender (computer) and receiver (peripheral) are connected by one category-5 (CAT-5) cable. Once all the components are connected and powered on, the extended peripheral becomes operational.
- Provides the freedom to operate USB 2.0 peripherals away from the computer.
- Saves space in the work area by having the CPU extended to another location.
- Supports both low and hi-speed USB peripherals (1.0 and 2.0) and is compatible with either PC or Mac peripherals that use hi-speed USB 2.0 connectors.
- Offers an easy installation process.
- Eliminates computer noise in the work area.
USB Speed: 480 Mbps
Link Connector: RJ-45
Host cable (USB): Type B
USB Connectors: USB type A
Power Supply: External 5 VDC
Dimensions: 4.25"W x 1.4" H x 3.4"D
Shipping Weight: 4 lbs.
USB 2.0 Extender Sender unit
USB 2.0 Extender Receiver unit
Two 5V Power Supplies
One 6 ft. USB Cable