The Gefen EXT-USB-2-DVI is a USB to DVI Graphics Adapter which allows you to use your computer's USB port to connect extra monitors. The extra monitors can be configured to either mirror your primary screen or extend the Windows desktop, allowing visibility of more applications. The USB to DVI driver used to control the extra screens uses little computer resources and offers a vast array of screen resolutions and color depths. This ensures that there is little difference in performance between a directly connected screen and a screen connected through the USB port.
The USB-to-DVI device works only with 32-bit Versions of Windows (XP and 2000) at this time. A Windows Vista version will be available shortly.
Gefen USB to DVI Graphics Adapter Backside
The USB to DVI Graphics Adapter software can be installed on any desktop or laptop system running one of the following Operating Systems:
- Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2
- Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4
- Windows Vista (limited functionality).
Up to six USB to DVI Graphics Adapters can be connected to the PC at a time. If you attach more adapters to a PC, subsequent ones will not be active.
The minimum hardware requirements for the PC are:
- PC with 1.2GHz or higher processor clock speed required. Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended
- 512 megabytes (MB) of RAM
- At least one USB2.0 port
- 12Mb of available disk space
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher- resolution video adapter and monitor
- CD-ROM or DVD drive.
Gefen USB to DVI Graphics Adapter Features:
- Up to 6 VGA to DVI Adapters can be used on one computer.
- DVI-I output, connect both a VGA display and or a DVI display.
- Output resolutions up to 1600x1200