Gefen ToolBox High Definition 1080p Scaler
For upgrade or replacement options: Contact Us
The Gefen GTB-HD-1080PS is a Gefen ToolBox High Definition 1080p Scaler. It scales one HDMI source down or up to 1080 Full HD.
The GefenToolBox High Definition 1080p Scaler allows you to scale one HDMI input to one HDMI output with up to 1080p Full HD and Deep Color. This unit can vastly improve the quality of the image by outputting the video to the native resolution of the display, bypassing the display's internal scaler. Video can be manually scaled up and down in all resolutions up to 1080p Full HD.
This product can also be used to downscale, making it ideal for distributing a Hi-Def signal to multiple displays that do not support the same maximum resolutions in an HDMI distribution system, while still showing maximum resolution on the higher-definition displays. It can also be used for DVI signals with appropriate adapters.
The GefenToolBox High Definition 1080p Scaler is conveniently wall-mountable so it can be easily installed behind the display. This Scaler offers RS-232 control and is field-upgradeable.
How It Works
Use the included HDMI cable to connect the source to the High Definition 1080p Scaler. Connect the display to the Scaler using an HDMI cable. Connect an optical and / or coax audio cable from the source to the Scaler. Another set of optical and / or coax audio cables can be connected to an A/V receiver or amplifier. Connect the 5V DC locking power supply to the Scaler and connect the power cord to an available electrical outlet. Select the audio input by using the On-Screen Display with the front panel buttons or the included IR remote control.
HDMI Features Supported:
- 1080p Full HD
- Deep Color
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
- Lip Sync
*Note: This GefenToolBox High Definition 1080p Scaler is also available in black.
Gefen GTB-HD-1080PS Backview
Gefen GTB-HD-1080PS Features:
- Scales digital video output up to 1080p Full HD and 2K
- Can be used as a down-scaler to support lower-resolution displays in multi-display distribution systems
- Supports DVI-D signals via appropriate adapters
- Supports Dolby Digital, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby TrueHD, and up to 8 channels of LPCM via HDMI.
- Supports Dolby Digital AC3, DTS Digital Surround, and 2-channel LPCM via S/PDIF and TOSLINK.
- High performance frame rate conversion engine
- Auto 3:2 pull-down and 2:2 pull-down detection and recovery
- Aspect Ratio Control
- Digital audio delay to match audio / video timing
- Proprietary Advanced Color Engine Technology provides brilliant color, intensified contrast and details, vivid skin tones, and sharp edges
- Selectable audio input: HDMI, TOSLINK, or S/PDIF
- Built-in on-screen display (OSD) menu controlled via an optional remote control (sold separately)
- RS-232 control
- (1) GefenToolBox High Definition 1080p Scaler
- (1) 6 ft. HDMI cable (M-M)
- (1) IR Remote Control Unit
- (1) 5V DC Locking Power Supply
- (1) User Manual
Gefen GTB-HD-1080PS Application Diagram
Gefen GTB-HD-1080PS Specifications:
|Width||8.0 in. (20.3 cm.)|
|Height||7.0 in. (17.8 cm.)|
|Depth||1.0 in. (2.54 cm.)|
|Weight||4 lbs. (1.8 kgs.)|
|Maximum Pixel Clock||225 MHz|
|Input DDC Signal||5V p-p (TTL)|
|Input Video Signal||1.2V p-p|
|HDMI & Audio|
|HDMI Input||(1) Type A 19-pin, female|
|HDMI Output||(1) Type A 19-pin, female|
|Audio Input||(1) TOSLINK (1) S/PDIF|
|Audio Output||(1) TOSLINK (1) S/PDIF|
|RS-232 Serial Port||DB-9, female|
|IR Extender||3.5mm mini-stereo jack|
|Power Supply||5V DC, Locking|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, Gefen does not have that information available for this product.