The Gefen GTV-HIDEFS is a TV High-Definition Scaler which allows you to upscale and switch your standard definition or high definition component sources to resolutions up to 1080p. Anything from set-top boxes, DVD players to the next generation of gaming consoles including the Xbox 360 and PS3 can be plugged into the GefenTV High-Definition Scaler.
The GefenTV High-Definition Scaler supports two component sources and one DVI source all with digital TOSlink and analog audio inputs. The analog audio inputs will be outputted as analog audio and the digital TOSlink audio inputs will be outputted as digital TOSlink audio. Easy to use on-screen menus accessible through the IR remote control allow for effortless setup and image adjustment to accommodate different viewing modes and screen sizes.
Note: The GefenTV High-Definition Scaler will input and output VGA using the DVI to DVI & VGA Adapter (sold separately).
Gefen GTV-HIDEFS Back View
Gefen GTV-HIDEFS Features:
- Both digital and analog inputs are format converted and pixel re-scaled through the HD Mate Scaler. It outputs a large range of formats and resolutions that will easily match the native resolution/ format of your display to ensure highest picture quality.
- DVI input: Operates up to 165Mhz (Up to UXGA @60Hz)
- Supports digital HD output up to 1080p.
- Integrated 8-bit triple-ADC/PLL.
- Dual high quality scaling engines.
- Dual 3-D motion video adaptive de-interlaces with smooth low-angle edge.
- Automatic 3:2 pull-down & 2:2 pull-down detection and recovery.
- High performance frame rate conversion engine.
- The Proprietary Advanced Color Engine technology gives: Brilliant and fresh color, Intensified contrast and details, Vivid skin tone, Sharp edge, Accurate and independent color control
- 3D noise reduction on analog inputs only.
- Operates through on-screen OSD menu control and remote control.
- DVI-I input and output accepts both analog and digital video
- Aspect Ratio Control
- Digital Audio Delay to match audio/video timing
- Less then one frame delay allowing for gaming
- GefenTV High-Definition Scaler
- (1) 6 ft DVI cable (M-M)
- (1) 5V Power Supply
- IR Remote control
- User's Manual
Gefen TV High-Definition Scaler Wiring Diagram
Gefen GTV-HIDEFS Specifications:
|Height||2.125 in. (5.398 cm.)|
|Width||6.875 in. (17.463 cm.)|
|Depth||6.875 in. (17.463 cm.)|
|Shipping Weight||6 lbs. (2.72 kg.)|
|Power Supply||5V DC|
|Power Consumption||12 watts (max)|
|Input DDC Signal||5 volts p-p (TTL)|
|Input Video Signal||1.2 volts p-p|
|Digital Video Amplifier Bandwidth||165 MHz|
|Component Video Bandwidth||350 Mhz|
|Input/Output DVI Connector||DVI-I (29 pin) female|
|Component Video Connector||3 RCA|
|Digital Audio Connector||optical TOSlink and coax SPDIF|
|Analog Audio Connector||mini-phone stereo 3.5mm|
|Single Link Range||1080p/1920 x 1200|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
Optical is laser (light) therefore it's normal for the light to show through the cracks or seams of the optical housing.
If you are getting dropped signals, please first check and try to replace the cables. If the problem persists, the units have reached end-of-life (they are roughly 7+ years old). The replacement for the Gefen GTV-HIDEFS is the Gefen EXT-MFP.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!