The GefenTV Wireless HDMI Short Range Extender system sends high definition audio and video to any HDTV display up to 80 feet (25 meters) within one room. It extends HDMI A/V content from computers using HDMI, set-top boxes, Blu-ray players, and other A/V sources to remote HDMI-compliant display(s). This wireless product is comprised of a small Sender unit and one table-top Receiver unit. It supports HD resolutions up to 1080p Full HD along with support for 7.1-channels of digital audio in PCM, Dolby¨, or DTS¨ formats. The Wireless for HDMI Extender SR transmits within the room and does not require line-of-sight placement of transceivers for good reception. Thanks to its small form-factor and easy to plug in Sender unit, this product is ideal for high-definition A/V extension within a conference room or home theater installation that requires the quick addition of portable devices such as a presentation laptop computer or a video camera to an existing A/V system. Additional features allow up to eight Sender units where each display can access up to three sources, using the included handheld remote control.
Plug the Sender unit directly into the HDMI output of the source. Connect an HDMI cable from the Receiver unit to the HDTV display. When using a PC as the source, connect the supplied USB-to-mini-USB cable from the PC to the Sender unit. When using sources that do not have an available powered USB port, you will need to use the provided USB power supply. Connect the other power supply to the DC jack on the back of the Receiver unit. Connect the power supplies to available electrical outlets. If the Sender and Receiver units do not pair automatically, point the IR remote at the IR sensor window on the Receiver unit and press the Menu button. Navigate through the on-screen menu and have the Receiver unit look for a Sender unit. Press and hold the pairing button on the Sender unit until the Link LED starts blinking. Press OK on the remote. A message indicating that both the Sender and the Receiver units have been paired will appear on the display.
Connections for the Gefen Wireless In-Room HDMI Extender
GTV-WHD-1080P-SR Package Includes
- (1) Wireless for HDMI Extender (In-Room Solution) - Sender Unit (GTV-WHD-1080P-SRS)
- (1) Wireless for HDMI Extender (In-Room Solution) - Receiver Unit (GTV-WHD-1080P-SRR)
- (1) 5 ft. HDMI Cable (M-M) (CAB-HDMI-05MM-O)
- (1) USB to Mini USB Cable (CAB-USB2MUSB-3MM)
- (1) IR Remote Control (RMT-WHD-IR)
- (1) Cradle for Receiver Unit (ENC-GTV-WHD-BASE)
- (1) 5V/1A DC Power Supply (for Sender Unit) (EXT-PS51A-SSA)
- (1) 5V/2A DC Power Supply ( for Receiver Unit) (EXT-PS52A-GP3)
- (1) Quick-Start Guide (QSG-GTV-WHD-1080P-SR)
Typical Application Diagram
- Wireless extension of HDMI up to 80 feet (25 meters)
- Supports resolutions up to 1080p Full HD
- HDMI Features Supported
- Dolby¨ TrueHD, DTS-HD¨ Master Audioª, and PCM digital audio streams up to 7.1 channels are supported
- 3DTV pass-through
- HDCP pass-through
- Lip Sync
- Uncompressed High Definition A/V from source to display
- No latency
- Included IR remote for switching between up to three Sender units
- WHDI 1.0, FCC Part 15, and ETSI-compliant
- Frequency Band Range: 5.15 - 5.850 GHz
- Video Input Connector (Sender): (1) HDMI Type A, 19-pin, male
- Video Output Connector (Receiver): (1) HDMI Type A, 19-pin, female
- USB Connector (Sender / Receiver): (1) Mini-B
- Power Supply (Sender): (1) 5V / 1A DC with USB jack (can also use powered USB port)
- Power Supply (Receiver): (1) 5V / 2A DC
- Power Consumption (Sender / Receiver): 3W (max.) / 8W (max.)
- Dimensions (W x H x D):
- Sender Unit: 1.2" x 0.6" x 3.9" (29mm x 14.5mm x 98mm)
- Receiver Unit: 5.83" x 0.8" x 3.8" (148mm x 20mm x 96mm)
- Shipping Weight: 2.0 lbs. (0.9 kg)
Answer: Thank you for you inquiry. According to Gefen, this in-room wireless unit doesn't need line-of-site to function within a single room. However, for optimum performance and distances, they mention the following:
- Maximum extension distance is 80 feet (25 meters) with a clear line-of-sight.
- Obstructions such as walls and furniture may reduce performance and reception distance.
- Gefen recommends placing both units into the provided stands, with the Gefen logo pointing down, to help maintain the strongest possible transmission signal.
- Interference caused by other RF products may reduce performance and reception distance.
So, depending on the particular environment/obstructions involved, it may not operate at peak performance.
Another option to consider would be the GTV-WHD-1080P-LR-BLK (https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/gtv-whd-1080p-lr-blk.html). It has the same caveats regarding optimum performance and distance, but has a little longer range.