Dominion® KX consists of two components: the digital KVM switch and Computer Interface Modules (CIMs).
- The Dominion KX switch connects to each CIM and provides KVM-over-IP capabilities for remote access, plus simultaneous local, at-the-rack access and control.
- Each CIM connects to the KVM ports of an individual server and delivers keep-alive keyboard/mouse emulation. Plus, CIMs convert video signals for transmission over UTP (Cat5/5e/6) cabling.
- Remote users easily access Dominion KX from any networked workstation via a standard Web browser or modem.
- A true data center appliance, Dominion KX provides its entire feature set out-of-the-box: 128-bit encryption, remote power control, dual failover Ethernet, as well as LDAP, RADIUS, and Active Directory integration.
- Multiple hardware models enable simultaneous IP access by 1, 2 or 4 remote users.
- Dominion KX provides KVM over IP control of 16 or 32 servers. Raritan is the only KVM over IP vendor with two and four channel 32 port digital models.
- Employs Raritan's next generation KVM over IP technology with advanced video resolution detection hardware. When a user switches between servers, this system automatically transitions to the new video source quickly and accurately.
- Simple deployment - Dominion KX connects to each server via standard, economical Cat5 (UTP) cabling. Servers may be located as far as 50 cable feet from the Dominion KX unit.
- A sophisticated, new product look featuring an ergonomic design and new blue LED indicators for clear, easy-to-see power, network activity and user activity.
- Extremely rack-efficient - only 1U in height.
- New smaller form-factor CIMs, available for PS/2, USB, Sun and Sun USB, allow cabling distances of up to 50 feet.
- All Dominion KX models have an integrated modem port, for emergency remote access if the data network is unavailable.
- Dominion KX provides BIOS-level, IP access to 1, 2, or 4 simultaneous, remote users. This is achieved while allowing full, un-blocked local console access and control.
- Extends Raritan's award-winning IP-Reach video compression technology, the industry's highest-performing KVM Over IP technology. Users can access Dominion KX from anywhere on the network (LAN, WAN, Internet, dial-up), allowing administrators to troubleshoot, reconfigure, reboot and even power cycle servers remotely.
- Features a local port for non-blocking, at-the-rack access. From this console, Dominion KX behaves like a traditional KVM switch, giving users direct access and control of the connected servers. For additional flexibility, Dominion KX provides both PS/2 and USB local ports.
- Users can power up, power down or power cycle servers connected to optional Raritan Remote Power Control units. A system administrator can not only troubleshoot a server remotely, but also power cycle that server with a few clicks of the mouse.
- Provides high-availability with dual Ethernet ports for redundancy. Should one Ethernet switch or interface card fail, Dominion KX will automatically failover to the other port and continue operating.
- Dominion KX is a completely self-contained system (i.e. an appliance). All features, including authentication and Web-access, are built into the unit and do not require the use of additional servers.
- Users can access Dominion KX thru a standard Web browser. This eliminates the need to install a proprietary software "client" on the user's desktop.
- Improves upon Raritan's award-winning KVM Over IP technology with the introduction of 15-bit color support (32,000 colors), enabling higher video quality. Multiple colors modes, as well as greyscale are available to connect via modem or low bandwidth link.
- Up to 8 users can each connect remotely and access the same server. This is very useful for teamed troubleshooting and collaboration.
- Video performance is automatically configured to match the available network bandwidth. With high speed LAN access, more bandwidth is available and higher quality video information can be sent —resulting in better performance. When accessing via dial-up modem, very little bandwidth is available, so Dominion KX adapts to provide effective response. Users can also manually configure if desired.
- Incorporates 128-bit SSL encryption to ensure that customer server environments are protected from malicious hackers.
- Securely encrypts the video stream in addition to keyboard and mouse data.
- Integrates with industry-standard directory servers, such as Active Directory, via LDAP or RADIUS protocols. Allows Dominion KX to integrate with pre-existing username/password databases for security.
- Dominion KX offers many additional security features including strong password checking, access control lists, inactivity timers, private device keys, group permissions, etc.
- Administrators can remotely perform all management, administration and configuration operations using a simple graphical user interface, at the convenience of their desktop.
- Complete integration with Raritan's CommandCenter, allowing enterprise users to consolidate all Dominion devices into a single logical system, with a single IP address, and a single management interface.
- Firmware upgrades can be downloaded directly from the Raritan Web site and upgrades can be performed via the network.
- Event and access logging. Allows logging capabilities to be centralized in one syslog server (a standard event logging system).
|17.3" (W) x 11.4" (D) x 1.75" (H) |
439mm (W) x 290mm (D) x 44mm (H)
|Weight:||9.04lbs / (4.1 kg)|
|Power:||100V/240V 50/60Hz 0.6A|
|Form Factor:||1U, full width, rack mountable (brackets included)|
|Operating Temperature:||32° (0°C) to 104° (40°C)|
|Network:||Dual Failover 10/100 Ethernet (RJ45)|
|Modem Port:||DB9(F) DTE|
|Protocols:||TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, UDP, RADIUS, LDAP(S), SNTP, DHCP, PAP, CHAP|
|Local Access Port|
|Keyboard/Mouse:||Mini-DIN6(F) PS/2; or USB A (F)|
|PC text mode:||720x400|
|PC graphic modes:||640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x864, 1280x1024|
|Sun video modes:||1024x768, 1152x900, 1280x1024|