Addlogix EchoView Wireless Video Adapter
Recommended replacement: Wireless KVM | Wireless Extenders
Alternative options: Contact Us
MA-WL-DVI Manual (PDF)
This Addlogix wireless video adapter features a CD-less driver download and installation. When powered on, the unit will show up as an available wireless network connection on the computer's network setting. User simply clicks on the connection to initiate communication to the adapter. Upon user's confirmation, the software driver will then be automatically downloaded and installed to the computer via the wireless network. To send video to the unit and the projector, the user simply launch the driver application by double clicking on the driver icon. There's no need to set up IP address, DHCP settings...etc.
Addlogix EchoView Wireless Video Adapter Application Diagram
Addlogix MA-WL-DVI Features and Benefits:
- Send comptuer video (up to 1024 x 768) wirelessly to video displays
- Works with VGA or DVI projectors, CRT monitors, flat panels, or TVs
- Compatible with wireless (802.11 b/g) enabled PC (no additional hardware required)
- Plug-and-play installation with driver installed from the product (no CD)
- Presenter no longer needs to be close to the projector (not limited by cable)
- Access Internet or local area network (LAN) through on-board 10/100 Ethernet interface
- Compatible with Intel-based Mac's (requires installation of Apple Boot Camp and Windows XP)
Addlogix Wireless Video Adapter Specifications Diagram
Addlogix MA-WL-DVI Package Includes:
- EchoView Wireless Adapter
- Power Adapter with interchangeable US, UK, Euro plugs
- DVI-VGA Adapter
- Audio Cable
- Quick Installation Guide
- CD-ROM with User's Manual + Software Driver
Addlogix MA-WL-DVI Specifications:
|Video||DVI-I male & |
DVI to VGA adapter
|Audio||1 x 3.5mm audio jack |
2 channel stereo
|Network||RJ45 10/100 Mbps Ethernet |
Wireless 802.11 b/g
|Power||DC 5V 2A|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (SP4) or later, or Microsoft Windows Home Edition or Professional|
|Computer System||900 MHz CPU or higher processor-based computer system w/ 256MB RAM, IEEE802.11b/g capability (built-in or external adapter), 10MB free hard drive space|
Answer: According to the manual, the drivers are stored within the unit and should install automatically. Under the troubleshooting section of the manual, it does say to check the network configuration if the drivers do not install automatically. According to our Addlogix contact, no other driver is available for download.
Unfortunately, they also confirmed that this product will not work with Windows Vista or Windows 7.
We have uploaded the manual for your convenience.
Question: can be connected to the computer (with the system) to a second monitor using the monitor mode extension?
Answer: Since this operates as a video adapter, we believe that it should be possible to create an extended desktop environment. However, since this product is discontinued and we do not a have a model to test, we cannot guarantee that it would work.