The Avocent MergePoint 5200 management gateway appliance enables IT professionals to perform secure, remote server management from any location using embedded server management technologies, specifically, Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI), Dell Remote Access Cards (DRAC) and HP Integrated Lights Out (iLO).
The Avocent MGP5200-001 appliance provides secure Serial over LAN (SoL) console access, power control and server hardware monitoring, along with IPMI provisioning and service processor auto discovery. When used in conjunction with DSView 3 management software, the Avocent MergePoint 5200 appliance provides essential server coverage, which complements the overall out-of-band management infrastructure.
The MergePoint MGP5200-001 appliance offers both a feature-rich Web user interface as well as a command line interface that leverages the Systems Management Architecture for Server Hardware Command Line Protocol (SMASH CLP), a standards-based user and scripting interface defined by the Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF). This provides a single command line interface to manage servers from multiple manufacturers, simplifying management, streamlining interoperability and ultimately reducing operator errors.
The Avocent MergePoint 5200 appliance not only makes it easier to take advantage of service processor features but also enhances service processor functionality with add-on features. For example, the SoL feature complements the continuous data logging capabilities, resulting in additional security and auditing. Also, simultaneous power control of multiple servers boosts the already existing power management capabilities of service processors, including graceful shutdown support for IPMI.
With easy-to-use IPMI provisioning capabilities and auto discovery for server management technologies within the network, the MergePoint 5200 appliance is ideal for enterprise data centers as well as for high performance computing (HPC) and other clustering environments.
Avocent MGP5200-001 Function Diagram
Avocent MergePoint 5200 Features and Benefits:
- SoL, power control, hardware monitoring and alerts: Complete, full-featured remote server management from a single interface
- SoL with data logging: Better auditing, faster troubleshooting
- Group execution of commands: Control the server infrastructure as a whole
- Event and alert management: Enables proactive response to server issues
- Integrated support for Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and Virtual Network Computing (VNC): Full server management coverage (in-band and out-of-band) from one user interface
- IPMI provisioning: Faster, easier IPMI deployment
- Service processor auto discovery: Better use of already deployed server management capabilities
- Single console for multiple service processor types: Consolidated server management regardless of the type of embedded management technologies in use
- Embedded web interface: Intuitive interface provides a shorter learning curve and faster product deployment
- Standards-based, consistent, scriptable command line interface (SMASH CLP): Reduces human error, simplifies training, automation and integration with other management tools
- Integration with DSView 3 Management software: Provides a single interface for management of the entire IT infrastructure
Avocent MGP5200-001 Specifications:
|Dimensions||16.8 x 14 x 1.7 in. (42.7 x 35.6 x 4.3 cm)|
|Weight||13 lb (5.9 kg)|
|Operating Temperature||32°: to 95°F (0° to 35°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-31° to 158°F (-35° to 70°C)|
|Humidity||10 to 90% non condensing|
|Power||260 W universal|
|Service Processor Support||IPMI 1.5, IPMI 2.0, DRAC, iLO|
|Memory||512 MB RAM|
|Storage||80 GB SATA hard drive, 7200 rpm|
|Interfaces||2x Gigabit Ethernet ports|
|Approved Agency|| |
FCC Class B