NTI Nodemux 4-Port Sun PC Multi-Platform KVM Switch
For upgrade or replacement options: Contact Us
The NODEMUX® SUN PC Single-User Multi-platform KVM switch allows one keyboard, monitor and mouse to control up to 4 computers. Dedicated internal microprocessors emulate keyboard and mouse presence to each attached computer 100% of the time so all computers boot error-free.
- Compatible with PC, SUN and MAC (with ADB ports) computers, including HP9000, Silicon Graphics and IBM RS6000,
- SUN Ultra 5 and 10 and any SUN with a VGA or 13W3 video port.
- Connect a USB SUN or MAC to a switch with USB-SUN or USB-ADB adapters.
- Control all network computers from one office.
- Improve manageability of your computer room-eliminate extra cables, monitors, keyboards and mice.
- Power down the switch without causing failures on SUN computers.
- Catch system failures early with Scan Mode.
- Broadcast keystrokes to all computers for simultaneous shutdown.
- Dimensions: 13.3" x 5.9" x 1.75"
- Cables sold separately
- Supports PS/2-compatibles, including laptops, RS6000, SGI and HP9000.
- Supports SUN, including ULTRAs™, SUN Blade™ 100, SUN Blade 1000, SUN Fire™ 280R, SUN Fire V20z and SUN Ray™.
- Supports MACs, including G4, G5 and XServe.
- USB-enabled SUN or MAC computers may be connected by using a USB-SUN or USB-ADB adapter.
- Crisp & clear 1900 x 1200 resolution.
- Female 15-pin HD connectors.
- A multiscan VGA monitor is required to display the different video outputs from different platforms.
- Bandwidth is 150 MHz.
- PS/2 mouse connects to "Y" adapter cable with PS/2 keyboard.
- Mice are hot-pluggable
- PS/2 mouse can be an Intellimouse®, the wheel acts like a 3rd button for SUN.
- SUN 3-button mice are supported.
- MAC 1-button mice are supported. The second button of a PC mouse is emulated by holding down the
key while clicking.
- Female 8-pin miniDIN connectors.
- User devices can be PS/2, SUN or MAC.
- Keyboard is hot-pluggable.
- MAC startup keys are supported on all platforms of input devices.
- SUN startup keys are supported on SUN and PS/2 input devices.
- Supported SUN and MAC Keyboards
- Apple Extendded keyboard is the only MAC keyboard supported.
- SUN US/English keyboards are supported across all platforms. Non-US SUN keyboards are supported to SUN-only computers.
- 110 or 220 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz via AC Adapter.
- The smaller models use AC adapters as their power source.
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 100°F (0°C to 38°C)
- Storage temperature: -20°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C)
- Operating and Storage Relative Humidity: 17 to 90% non-condensing RH.
- Control Method
- Front Panel Interface
- Touch a button and be connected to a CPU or change modes of operation.
- LEDs indicate currently selected port and mode of operation.
- Hold any button in for more than 5 seconds and go into Scan Mode, Broadcast Mode or Command Mode.
+ <'> and go into Command Mode.
- Scan Mode, Broadcast Mode or Command Mode are available from keyboard.
- Front Panel Interface
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. To enter "Command mode" press [Ctrl] + [~/`] (Accent/tilde Key). Once in command mode, you can use the following commands:
To Change Port - press either [left arrow] or [right arrow]
Switch to a specific Target - press [P] then  then [x] where x is a port number
to exit "command mode" - press [Esc]
You can see more details and commands in the manual found here: http://www.42u.com/pdf/NTI-ST-4U-Manual.pdf.