NTI Nodemux 8X32 Sun PC Multi-Platform KVM Switch
For upgrade or replacement options: Contact Us
The NODEMUX¨ SUN PC Multi-Platform Matrix KVM switch enables up to 8 users to individually command or simultaneously share up to 32 computers.
This low-cost switch accesses PC, MAC, and SUN computers (and USB computers with NTI adapters). PC, SUN or MAC keyboards and mice can be connected by using adapter cables.
- Equipped with On Screen Display (OSD), Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) and RS232 control.
- The advanced OSD user interface with password security makes the NODEMUX Matrix switch simple and reliable to use in Enterprise data centers.
- Rackmount model
- Users can power-down the switch without rebooting attached computers.
- Dedicated microprocessors prevent CPUs from locking up, ensuring reliable control.
- Use as a single or multi-platform switch.
- Users can work individually or share one computer.
- Dimensions: 19" x 12" x 5.25"
- Cables sold separately
- Supports PS/2 platform computers, including laptops, HP 9000, Silicon Graphics and IBM RS6000.
- Supports SUN, including ULTRAsª, SUN Bladeª 100, SUN Blade 1000, SUN Fireª 280R, SUN Fire V20z and SUN Rayª (using NTI's USB-SUN adapter).
- Supports MACs, including G4,G5 and Xserve (using NTI's USB-ADB adapter).
- Smooth mouse movement.
- Mice are hot-pluggable.
- Compatible with all standard 2-button PS/2 mice as well as the following:
- Microsoft IntelliMouse¨.
- Logitech (and other) 3-button mice.
- Alps Glidepoint Touchpad (extended functions-i.e. tapping, etc.-are not supported).
- Cirque Glidepoint Touchpad.
- IBM Scroll Point mouse (extended stick functions are not supported).
- Kensington Orbit Trackball.
- Logitech 2-button Wheel Mouse.
- Microsoft Ballpoint mouse.
- SUN 3-button mice are supported.
- Wheel on IntelliMouse emulates SUN's third mouse button.
- MAC 1-button mice are supported.
+ CLICK on the MAC mouse emulates SUN/PC right click.
- Supports crisp & clear 1900 x 1200 video resolution with no degradation.
- A multiscan VGA monitor is required to display the different video outputs from different platforms.
- Bandwidth is 150 Mhz.
- User devices can be PS/2, SUN or MAC.
- Keyboard is hot-pluggable.
- MAC and SUN startup keys are supported on all platforms of input devices.
- Keystrokes are translated across platforms.
- Female 8-pin miniDIN keyboard and mouse connectors
- Female 15-pin HD connectors
- 110 or 220 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz.
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 100°F (0°C to 38°C).
- Storage temperature: -20°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C).
- Operating and Storage Relative Humidity: 17 to 90% non-condensing RH.
- RS232 Control
- Female DB9 connector.
- Baud rate 300 through 9600.
- Address up to 15 units, all of which can be daisy-chained and controlled by one serial port.
- RS - causes switch to reset so that IN1 connects to OUT1, IN2 connects to OUT2.
- CS - causes one INx/OUTx connection to occur.
- CA - causes all inputs to connect to specified output.
- RO - reads what input is connected to specified output.
- RU - reads size of matrix, reports number of inputs and number of outputs on specified switch.
- On Screen Display (OSD)
- Select and control computers by name.
+<'> to activate OSD.
- Select or list computers by name or port number.
- Names can be up to 12 characters long.
- Control, Scan, & Broadcast functions.
- Shows names of computers on cascaded switches up to 128 ports.
- Search Mode lets the user type in the first few letters of the computer's name and the OSD will locate it.
- Help Screens assist users with the OSD.
- Display the power status of each computer.
- OS- and software-independent.
- Our OSD comes built into your switch, so you do not have to install additional hardware or software.
- Security Features built into OSD
- Advanced security included with switch.
- Each user password & name can be up to 15 characters long, and each switch can store up to 63 users.
- Administrator can enable or disable all security features and select which computers each user can access.
- Once security is enabled, a user or administrator must "login" in order to access any of the computers connected to the switch.