The NTI SERIMUX¨ SE-RS-8 is an 8 port Console Serial Port Switch which gives IT managers the ability to manage serial devices, including servers, switches, routers, and telecom gear. This 8 port console switch is controlled via an ASCII terminal with menu-driven integrated software, or by the front panel keypad.
NTI Console Switch Features:
- Eliminates the need to connect each device to an ASCII terminal or PC.
- Connect up to 8 devices with different baud rates, parity, and character length. Each switch also has one RJ45 connector for the local terminal.
- Provides out-of-band access to network devices (servers, routers, network switches, and any other network devices allowing console operation using RS232).
- No inadvertent "break" signals are generated to cause unintentional rebooting of SUN computers.
- Available with an optional 48V DC-DC power converter for telecom environments. (PWR-48V-12V1,6A DC-DC power converter sold separately)
- Connects to console serial ports using standard CAT5/5e/6 cables and cable adapters. Maximum cable length is 100 feet.
- Two operator levels (administrator and user).
- Switching is simplified with programmable device names and menu-driven device selection
- Built-in data buffers save the most RS232 console output from each connected device, which simplifies troubleshooting failures.
- Local commands can be directed via VT52, VT100, ANSI serial console, a PC with a terminal emulation program, or any compliant terminal.
- The Switch can be power cycled without halting SUN host computer.
- Gain access to servers without interrupting service to end-users; maintain optimal up-time.
- Manage server farms or data centers via serial ports and standard external modems.
- 1RU rackmount case is standard.
- Included Adapters:
- DB-25F to RJ45 console adapter
- DB-9F to RJ45 console adapter
- DB-25M to RJ45 console adapter
- DB-25M to RJ45 modem adapter
NTI Console Serial Port Switch Application Diagram
- Front panel keypad.
- Menu-driven integrated software via dumb terminal.
- Administrative Controls:
- View any port mode.
- View and/or modify user passwords and parameters.
- Connect or disconnect port connections.
- Change/disconnect users, administrators, passwords, etc.
- Initiate modem connection to local ports.
- Inspect buffered data.
NTI SE-RS-8 Specifications:
|Height||1.75 in. (4.45 cm.)|
|Width||19 in. (48 cm.)|
|Depth||10 in. (25 cm.)|
|Operating Temperature||32°F - 100°F (0°C - 38°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°F - 140°F (-30°C - 60°C)|
|Relative Humidity||17 - 90% non-condensing RH|
|Input Voltage||AC 100 - 240V, 50 - 60Hz|
|Serial device connection||male RJ45 connectors to serial controlled device|
|Control console connection||male RJ45 connector to dumb terminal|
|Connectors||RJ45 connectors, DTE configuration via RS232|
|Ports||RS232 ports, plus one console port|
|Flow control||Hardware (RTS/CTS), Software (XON, XOFF), both or none|
|Data transfer rate||50 baud to 128K baud (Effective transfer rate > 10K baud)|