The SERIMUX-S-16-48V Secure SSH Console Serial Switch delivers secure management of up to 16 serial devices via the internet, TCP/IP network, or dial-up modem connections. It combines the advanced security of Secure Shell v2 with unlimited access to remote network management.
- Operates on a hardened Linux system.
- 48V DC power.
- Connect up to 16 devices with different baud rates, parity, and character length. Each switch also has one RJ45 connector for a local terminal.
- Eliminates the need to connect each device to an ASCII terminal or PC.
- Provides out-of-band access to network devices (servers, routers, network switches, and any other network devices allowing console operation using RS232).
- Connects to console serial ports using standard CAT5/5e/6 cables and cable adapters.
- Maximum cable length is 1000 feet (305 meters).
- USB port provides expanded logging storage, configuration export and additional functionality.
- High quality, rugged steel construction with durable powder coat finish.
- Gain access to servers without interrupting service to end-users; maintain optimal up-time.
- Monitor environmental conditions.
- Supports two sensors, including: temperature, humidity, and water detection.
- When a sensor goes out of range of a configurable threshold, the system will notify you via email, LEDs, web page, and network management (SNMP).
- Power cycle without halting SUN host computer.
- No inadvertent "break" signals are generated to cause unintentional rebooting of SUN computers.
- Powerful diagnostic and event management features (data capture, notification and scripting) assist in the quick location of the source of equipment failures and minimize downtime.
- Enhanced security features to protect the system - Secure Shell (SSH v2), individual port authentication, HTTPS.
- Switching is simplified with programmable device names and menu-driven device selection.
- All configuration parameters are stored in non-volatile memory.
- Configuration parameters can be imported from USB Flash drive.
- Firmware upgradeable "in-field" through console port, Ethernet, or an attached USB Flash drive.
- 1U case is standard. Includes rack mounting kit.
|Compatibility||Supports most devices with an RS232 serial port. Supports VT Terminals|
|Serial Interface||16 RJ45 EIA-232 serial port connectors|
One RJ45 EIA-232 console port connector
Each individual serial port is fully configurable-
All industry-standard baud rates ranging from 50 up to 115.2kbps
RTS/CTS, Xon/Xoff or both handshaking schemes
Variable character widths- 5, 6, 7, or 8 bits
Stop bits - 1 or 2, as well as Parity- Odd, Even and None
Signals: RS232 CTS, DSR, RXD, GND, DCD, TXD, DTR, RTS
Modem control: DTR/DSR and RTS/CTS
Data transfer rate: up to 115.2K baud between two ports
Two ports can be at different baud rates
|Network Interface||Two 10/100 Base-T Ethernet ports with RJ45 Ethernet connector|
Supports both static and dynamic IP addresses
|Power||48V DC Power|
|RJ45 Sensor Ports||Two RJ45 modular jacks for connecting NTI temperature, humidity, temperature/humidity, and liquid detection sensors.|
Applications from 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C).
Accurate to within ±1.35°F (±0.75°C).
|Memory||32 MB Flash memory|
Female USB 2.0 Type A connector for storage devices
|Logging and Buffering||System log, event-log of user activity and on-line data buffering|
Data-logging with date and time-stamp, locally
The log can be downloaded as a tab-delimited plain text file and/or sent to an external syslog server.
|Dimensions||16-port switch WxDxH (in):|
16.20x9.00x1.75 (without supplied rack ears kit)
19x9.00x1.75(with supplied rack ears kit)
|Regulatory Approvals||CE, RoHS|
|Enviromental||Operating temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)|
Storage temperature: -20 to 140°F (-30 to 60°C)
Operating and Storage Relative Humidity: 17 to 90% non-condensing RH
|Adapters||Four cable adapters are included with the SERIMUX|
Male DB-25F to female RJ45
Female DB-9F to female RJ45
Female DB-25M to female RJ45
Male DB-25M to female RJ45
|Protocols||SSH V2, Telnet, IPV4, IPV6, TCP/IP, TFTP, DHCP, ICMP, UDP, ARP|
HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, SNMP V1/V2c, Syslog, SNTP, IPMI v2, RMCP
Alerts are sent using email, and/or SNMP traps when any monitored environmental condition exceeds a user-specified range.