Smart-AVI HDMVplus 4-port HDMI USB Real-Time Multiviewer KVM w/ PiP/Quad/Full
The Smart-AVI HDMVplus (SM-HDMV-PLUS) allows users to view up to four different HD digital video sources on one display device simultaneously. THe HDMVplus Multiviewer and KVM Switch also supports USB keyboard and mouse functionality, allowing the user to access all four displays from one KVM set.
Connections to video sources are managed via HDMI or DVI connectors, with advanced viewing options such as dual-mode, quad-mode, full-screen mode, and PIP (picture in picture) mode.
Use the Smart-AVI HDMVplus to simplify the management of multiple video sources by accessing and controlling them from a single set of controls on one display.
Smart-AVI HDMVPlus Features and Benefits:
- View up to four sources on a single monitor at the press of a button
- Supports USB keyboard and mouse
- On-screen display (OSD) makes setup and switching easy
- Display each computer with clean and crisp high-resolution video
- Supports DVI-D input resolutions up to 1900 x 1200
- Supports 1080p HDMI output (1920 x 1080)
- Control any one computer or device while monitoring three others
- Delivers uncompressed digital video with zero signal loss
- HDCP and HDMI 1.4 compliant
- Supports EDID for total control of compliant displays
- Outputs HDMI up to 40 feet
- 1920 x 1080 HDMI or DVI-D
- Change views by pressing the tact switches, keyboard hotkeys and RS-232
- Quad-mode splits the screen to show four sources on one screen
- Dual-mode splits the screen to show two sources on one screen
- PiP-mode displays one device in full screen with three thumbnail views
Smart-AVI 4-port HDMI USB Multiviewer and KVM Diagram
(SM-HDMV-PLUS depicted here)
The Smart-AVI HDMVplus and other HD Multiviewer products can be used in many applications that require real-time monitoring of multiple devices, like HDTV, DVD players, cameras and computers. The HDMVplus is the perfect solution in situations where a user needs to monitor several sources at the same time.
In Air Traffic Control environments, several computers are required to monitor the progress of flights and flight information. With HDMVplus the user is able to manage each computer and monitor the progress without having to switch between sources, making it the perfect solution for multitasking.
Smart-AVI HDMVplus Applications
- Corporate or Educational Presentations
- Financial (Remote Servers/User Control)
- Call Centers for Technical Support
- Industrial (Long-Range Workstation Isolation)
- Airport Installations (Air Traffic Control/Passenger Information)
- Medical (Remote Operation Away from Sensitive/Magnetic Equipment)
- Recording (for Large Studios where Editing/Mixing Stations are compact and/or require Complete Silence)
Smart-AVI HDMVplus Specifications:
|Height||1.70 in. (1U)|
|Requirements||Internal 100-240 VAC|
|Power Supply Approvals||UL, CE, CSA, CEC, RoHS|
|Resolution HDTV||480i, 480p, 720i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p|
|PC Resolution||Maximum 1920 x 1200|
|Video Bandwidth||Single-link 340MHz (10.2 Gbps)|
|Input Video Signal||1.2 volts|
|Input DDC Signal||5 volts|
|Single Link Range||1080p|
|DVI Compliance||Single-link DVI-D 2.0|
|Input Interface||4 x HDMI|
|Connector||Type A 19-pin|
|Input||USB 2.0, 1.1, and 1.0|
|Input Interface||4 x USB Type B|
|Keyboard/Mouse||USB Type A|
|Front Panel||Tact Switch with OSD|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. We are not particularly familiar with Extron products, but the first thing that jumps out at us is that this SmartAVI product also supports USB keyboard and mouse sharing. We also note that the SmartAVI switch uses one display (4 inputs to 1 output) where the Extron product appears to be a 4 x 4 matrix switcher (4 inputs to 4 outputs).
For more detailed information, please contact a KVM Switches Online representative at 1-877-586-6654 or via our online chat feature to discuss your project in greater detail.
Question: Does this product support Touch Screen?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this device does not support Touchscreen input.