The Raritan SwitchMan SW4-USB is a 4-port USB KVM switch. The SW4-USB switches small footprint saves valuable desk space whether it is in a flat or upright position. And, it comes with everything you need, including cables, to be up and running in minutes.
The Raritan SwitchMan USB is a unique KVM switch with an integrated USB (2.0) hub that allows control of up to 4 USB computers from a single USB keyboard, video and mouse. Raritan SW4-USB has a built-in USB hub which allows the sharing of any USB supported devices including scanners, digital cameras, printers, CD ROMs and PDAs among multiple computers. Plus, SwitchMan's audio capability lets you share a single microphone and stereo speakers regardless of which computer you connect to.
This SwitchMan USB KVM switch is built from highly durable metal casing. It includes the same bulletproof reliability as the Raritan enterprise-class products used in over 50,000 datacenters worldwide. Raritan's KVM switches are designed with the award-winning "keep-alive" circuitry that eliminates annoying mouse and keyboard lock-ups when switching between computers.
Connect both PCs and/or Apple Macs to Raritan SwitchMan USB using Raritan's premium KVM cables for the highest video and audio quality. Your standard USB keyboard, USB mouse and VGA monitor plug right into the back with no software to load or complicated set up. Standard features such as PC selection buttons, LED indicators, hot-keys and stereo audio switching make Raritan SwitchMan operation a snap. The SW4-USB SwitchMan can be mounted horizontally or vertically on your desktop. Select any PC to operate by simply pushing the corresponding button or hot-key on your keyboard.
Note: The SW4-USB supports Macintosh computers but will not support Sun computers.
The accessories included with the SW4-USB as pictured below are:
- (2) 6ft. CSWUSB18 KVM Cables
- (1) Vertical Mount Base
- (1) Auto Switch Power Adapter 110-240 volts AC
Raritan SwitchMan SW4-USB Included Accessories
Raritan SW4-USB Features & Benefits:
- Easy switching between computers with a push button or hot keys.
- Hot Swap feature allows adding or changing devices without the need to power down your PC.
- Built-in microphone and speaker jacks for high quality multi-media.
- Hot key and auto-scan enables health monitoring of connected computers.
- LED displays for easy status monitoring.
- Connects to standard PS/2 ports with any PS/2 to USB adapter (not included).
- Works with Windows 98/2000/ME/XP and Mac.
- Works with USB supported peripheral devices and keyboard/mouse with USB connectors.
- Supports VGA, SVGA and Multisync monitors with resolution up to 1920 x 1440 @ 75Hz
- Supports Microsoft IntelliMouse 3 ~ 5 Key Mouse and Microsoft Natural keyboard pro-series
- Can draw electric power from connected PCs or via external power supply (included).
Raritan SW4-USB Specifications:
|Height||1.73 in. (4.39 cm.)|
|Width||9.25 in. (23.49 cm.)|
|Depth||5.54 in. (14.07 cm.)|
|Weight||2.33 lbs. (1.05 kg. )|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 40 Degrees C (32 to 104 Degrees F) |
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 60 Degrees C (-4 to 140 Degrees F) |
|Humidity||0 to 80% RH non-condensing|
|User Connection Ports|
|VGA monitor||HD 15 F|
|USB keyboard||USB Type A|
|USB mouse||USB Type A|
|Microphone||Phone jack, 3.5mm (pink)|
|Speaker||Phone jack, 3.5mm (green)|
|Flash upgrade||Mini Din 8 pin (F); Cable: Mini Din 8 (M) to DB9 (F)|
|PC Connection Ports|
|VGA monitor||Mini HD15 F|
|USB (kb + ms)||USB Type B|
|Monitor||HDDB 15 Pin Male|
|Speaker||Phone Jack, 3.5mm (green)|
|Microphone||Phone Jack, 3.5mm (pink)|
|DC Power Supply||5V/2.5A|
|Agency Approvals||FCC class B Part 15, CE class B and VCCI certification|
Answer: Yes, this product works with Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/2008, Linux and MAC OS X 10.4.0.
Question: How much for 1 switch unit?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The Raritan SW4-USB is fully discontinued without replacement stock. For an indirect replacement, you may want to consider the IOGEAR GCS1804