Plugable Thunderbolt™ 3 and USB-C Dual Display Dock with 96W Host Charging
Plugable Thunderbolt™ 3 and USB-C Dual Display Dock with 96W Host Charging TBT3-UDZ
The TBT3-UDZ is Plugable's most versatile, powerful and accessible docking station yet. Its unique, exclusive design allows users to connect up to two 4K displays using either HDMI or DisplayPort without the need of external adapters - the first Thunderbolt 3 docking station to offer this flexibility of display types. Using the Intel Titan Ridge chipset and Plugable's custom design, the TBT3-UDZ delivers a combination of more port options, fastest charging up to 100W, and widest PC and Mac compatibility of any dock on the market.
- Up to 100W Power Delivery to host (96W Certified)
- 2x DisplayPort and 2x HDMI ports (for a total of two displays)
- 7x USB ports: 1x USB-C 10Gbps port, 1x USB 10Gbps port, 5x USB 5Gbps ports
- 1x SD card slot
- 1x MicroSD card slot
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet port
- 1x Combination audio input/output jack
With this dock, we set out to solve customer pain points that users have been dealing with for a long time now. These include the difference between Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C, which have identical looking ports, HDMI versus DisplayPort, USB-C or USB-A peripheral ports, and the different levels of charging wattage offered. The TBT3-UDZ eliminates any confusion between these different types of technologies by offering a simplified solution that answers these questions for you.
- 100W MAX POWER-up to 100W (96W certified), while also safely charging laptops needing 85W or less. Maximize compatibility with Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C systems
- 14-IN-1 EXPANSION-Thunderbolt 3 dock expands to 2x HDMI or DisplayPort monitors, 1x USB-C (10Gbps), 1x USB-A (10Gbps), 5x USB 3.0 (5Gbps), Gigabit Ethernet, Audio In/Out, SD/microSD all through a single 2.6ft Thunderbolt 3 cable (40Gbps)
- VERSATILE DUAL 4K DISPLAYS-This laptop docking station's dual monitor design is the first Thunderbolt dock to offer a choice between dual HDMI and DisplayPort displays. Drive up to two 4k 60Hz displays via Thunderbolt 3 or two 1080p 60Hz displays via USB-C
- MAC AND WINDOWS-Compatible with Intel CPU Thunderbolt 3 Macs like the MacBook Pro 16" and Windows systems with Thunderbolt 3 or USB Type-C like the Surface Pro 7, Surface Laptop 3, Lenovo Yoga, HP Spectre, Dell XPS (USB-C and Apple M1 systems will operate at reduced functionality)
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY-We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
DisplayPort and HDMI
Plugable's unique design allows users to connect up to two additional 4K displays with your port of choice using either HDMI or DisplayPort without the need of external adapters. This is the first Thunderbolt 3 docking station to offer this flexibility of display types. Made to adapt to the user's setup, the TBT3-UDZ is unparalleled in flexibility.
Vertical and Horizontal
The horizontal or vertical design of the TBT3-UDZ goes against the grain of other docking stations. Fit the dock in any space standing up or lying flat so there's more room for monitors and peripherals, while keeping a productive and clean workspace. The dock includes a sturdy, detachable base for vertical orientation, which ensures a stable, sturdy setup no matter how many cables you connect.
Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C
The TBT3-UDZ is built upon the latest Intel Titan Ridge chipset, enabling the widest compatibility with Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C laptops on the market. Thunderbolt 4 laptops are also supported. Its dual connectivity removes frustrations from having to pick a docking station for either type of laptop while delivering unrivaled performance.
The TBT3-UDZ's 100W* Power Delivery is the highest charging wattage to be implemented in any universal Thunderbolt 3 docking station. With Apple now releasing notebooks with 96W chargers, such as the new 16" MacBook Pro, the TBT3-UDZ is the best docking station to pair with these devices for unrivaled performance.
Charge your laptop at noticeably faster speeds
- so you'll have one less thing to think about and you can say goodbye to your other power supply.
*To strictly comply with 100W regulatory limits with margin, Thunderbolt certification limits to charging to 96W.
Dual 4K Displays
Expand your workspace with 40Gbps Thunderbolt speeds and drive any combination of two DisplayPort or HDMI monitors.
When connected to a compatible Thunderbolt 3 or 4 Windows or Mac* system:
- Drive up to two 4096x2160 @ 60Hz displays (lower resolutions also supported)
- *Apple M1 systems (non-Intel CPUs) only support a single external display. Not DisplayLink compatible
- Windows: Drive two 1920x1080 @ 60Hz displays or drive one 4096x2160 @ 30Hz display
- 12" MacBook Retina: Drive up to two 4096 x 2160 @ 30Hz mirrored displays
The docking station features 14 ports making it one of the most comprehensive docking stations available, ideal for the most demanding of professions that require multiple inputs and peripherals. With a mix of five USB 3.0 (5Gbps), one USB-A (10Gbps) and one USB-C (10Gbps) ports, you'll be able to connect your phone or USB flash drive to the easily accessible front USB and USB-C ports, then connect other USB peripherals such as a keyboard or mouse to the back of the dock. Note: The USB-C port on the front of the dock supports data transfer only (no video). When connected to a USB-C laptop the front USB-C and USB-A port may be limited to 5Gbps depending on host specifications.
TBT3-UDC3 Package Contents
- Plugable TBT3-UDZ Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C Dual Display Dock with 96W Host Charging
- Quick Start Guide
- Power supply
- Power cable
- Vertical stand
- 0.8m 40 Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Cable
|Port||Placement||Specification||Max Resolution and Refresh Rate||HDCP||Chipset|
|2x HDMI 4K; DisplayPort
|Rear||DisplayPort 1.2; HDMI 2.0||4096x2160 @ 60Hz||Supported|
|Port||Placement||Connection||Max Bit Depth and Sample Rate||Signal Output||Channels||Chipset|
|Front||3.5mm (TRRS)||16-bit 48KHz||Analog||2|
|Rear||DisplayPort||Host Dependent||Digital||Host Dependent|
|Rear||DisplayPort||Host Dependent||Digital||Host Dependent|
|Port||Placement||Power Host / Device||Connection Type||Notes||Voltage||Amperage||Wattage|
|Thunderbolt™ 3 to Host||Rear||Host||USB-C Power Delivery||20.0V||4.8A||96.0W|
|Power Supply||Rear||Device||Region-specific Power Adapter||UL 60950-1 Certified||20.0V||8.5A||170.0W|
|Port||Placement||Version and Link Rate||Features||Voltage||Amperage||Wattage|
|5x USB-A||Rear||USB 3.0 (5Gbps)||5V||900mA||4.5W|
|1x USB-A||Front||USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps)||Battery Charging 1.2||5V||1500mA||7.5W|
|1x USB-C||Front||USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps)||5V||1500mA||7.5W|
|Port||Placement||Version and Link Rate||Features|
|1x Thunderbolt™ 3 or USB-C||Rear||Thunderbolt™ 3 (40Gbps)||4x PCIe 3.0 Lanes or USB Power Delivery or Alternate Mode Video|
|Gigabit Ethernet||Rear||1000BASE-T||Wake-on-LAN (WoL) or Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) or 9K Jumbo Frames||RTL8153 Realtek|
|Storage Port Location||Host Connection||Host Connecton Port Specification||Attached Cable (Port Type if No)||Slot and Media Type||Capacity (If Media Included) or Max Supported Capacity||Chipset|
|Slot 1||Micro SD||GL3226
|Slot 2||SD or SDHC or SDXC or MMC||GL3226
|Port Type (Side 1)||Cable Specification||Port Type (Side 2)||Cable Length||External Power for Cable|
|1x Male Thunderbolt™ 3||Thunderbolt™ 3 (40Gbps)||1x Male Thunderbolt™ 3||0.8m/2.6ft|