Avocent Universal Management Gateway Infrastructure Management Appliance (up to 512 Service Processors)
For stock: Contact Us
The Avocentš UMG4000-400 Universal Management Gateway appliance is a multi-purpose appliance that consolidates access and control to all facilities and IT assets. The Avocent Universal Management Gateway appliance uses proven technology to deliver a single, unified approach for data center infrastructure management (DCIM), including remote data center management.
Secure Access and Control for IT Environments
The Avocent UMG4000-400 provides the ultimate in secure, remote access and control of IT assets throughout the data center. When used in combination with Avocent's DSViewª Management Software, the UMG4000-400 provides remote access and control to any device that can be managed by the appliance's consolidated functions. The appliance provides secure, out-of-band access to connected devices regardless of the state of that devices' network or operating system. Simultaneously, browser-based sessions provide appropriate tools for triage. The result is a single solution that simplifies access and control of devices no matter where they are located and regardless of the technology. When used for access and control, the UMG4000-400 provides distinct capabilities, including:
Auto-Sensing and Device Discovery - The UMG4000-400 has the ability to automatically sense and connect to new devices directly connected to a physical port on the appliance, thus eliminating the time-consuming task of manually reconfiguring infrastructure changes. Containing 40 ports, the appliance automatically detects if the port is connected for KVM, serial or embedded service processor access. Device discovery occurs over the network and the appliance can automatically discover, identify and connect up to 512 embedded service processor targets.
Heterogeneous Server Support - Using Avocent access and control technologies, a single console management tool can be used to manage servers, regardless of vendor or operating system, and embedded service processors, regardless of the technology.
The Avocent UMG offers unified infrastructure monitoring, access and control
Avocent UMG4000-400 Benefits:
- Reduce and recover capital expenses - Eliminate the need to purchase and maintain multiple tools for monitoring the infrastructure, and save as much as 75% of rack space
- Support green initiatives and dramatically cut power consumption - With fewer devices, power consumption can be decreased to as much as 30%, depending on your infrastructure.
- Reduce operating expenses - Time and cost for managing, maintaining, securing and training users are significantly lower with fewer devices, and this intuitive user interface eliminates the need for multiple management consoles.
- Enhance deployment flexibility and efficiency - Its auto-sensing capabilities enable rack reconfiguration with virtually no manual intervention, allowing devices to be monitored dynamically as they are connected.
- Improve disaster recovery at the lowest cost - Secure, remote access removes the need to maintain staff at remote disaster recovery locations or to spend money on expensive travel while decreasing MTTR.
- Future-proof infrastructure investments - Its built-in flexibility and heterogeneous vendor support functions provide the perfect solution for managing current and future infrastructure assets, such as enabling convenient transition from legacy KVM into embedded access technologies, ensuring the data center will not outgrow the Avocent Universal Management Gateway appliance.
Avocent UMG4000-400 Features:
Service Processor Support
- IPMI 1.5 (incl. nonstandardSoL support), IPMI 2.0
- HP integrated Lights Out (iLO, iLO3, iLO4) HP IPMI, HP Blade System
- Dell Remote Access Cards (DRAC4, 5), Dell BladeCenter DRAC MC, DELL 10G, M1000e Blade Chassis Controller, Blade Chassis Management Controller/iDRAC for blades/iDRAC6 for blades/iDRAC7
- Cisco UCS-C Rack Mount servers
- FSC iRMC, iRMC S2
- IBM RSA (RSA II), IBM BladeCenter, IMM2, IMM/AMM (with SSL enabled)
- Sun ALOM, Sun ILOM, Sun eLOM
- Console access via SoL and vKVM
- Console data logging (local, NFS, Syslog)
- Power on/off/cycle/status support
- Graceful shutdown support (IPMI only)
- System event logs (SEL)
- Hardware environmental sensors
- Alert management
- Platform event traps (PET)
- Embedded web interface
- Single, consolidated web interface with Avocentš DSViewª management softwaresoftware integration
- SSH device management command options
|Height||1.70 in. (43.1 mm)|
|Width||20 in. (508 mm)|
|Depth||17.1 in. (434 mm)|
|Weight||26 lbs. (11.7 kg)|
|Temperature||32° to 22°F (0° to 50°C)|
|Humidity||20% to 85% relative humidity (non-condensing)|
|Power supply||Dual, Internal (redundant), IEC|
|Operating Voltage||100 - 240 VAC|
|Power Frequency||50-60 Hz|
|Input Current Rating||2A|
|SETUP port||1 x RJ-45 Serial|
|Video||1 x DB-15 VGA|
|Peripherals||4 x USB 2.0|
|Network||2 x RJ-45 10/100/1000 Ethernet|
|Number & type of ports||40 x RJ-45/Auto-sensing|
|Number of Consecutive KVM Users||40|
|Service Processors Supported||512|
|Data Collection (Datapoints/Minute)||5000|
|Approved Agency||UL, FCC, cUL, ICES-003, CE, VCCI, KCC, C-Tick, GOST|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
Our technical support team at Avocent are happy to walk you through the setup process for the UMG in your application. You can contact them at:
+1888 793 8763 (option 3, then option 4)