We also recommend the NTI High Density KVM Matrix Switch.
The NTI UNIMUX USB Matrix KVM switch (UNIMUX-2X8-U) allows up to eight users to individually command or simultaneously share up to 32 USB computers. Access USB-enabled PC, SUN, and MAC computers using USB keyboards and mice, and VGA multiscan monitors.
USB host computers and USB devices can be hot-plugged or removed at any time. Allows any USB device (keyboard and/or mouse) to control any attached USB host computer. International keyboard layouts are supported in auto-detection mode, or can be manually selected via the On Screen Display (OSD) menu.
NTI UNIMUX-2X8-U Features & Applications:
- Equipped with OSD, Liquid Crystal Display, and RS232.
- Rackmount is standard on all UNIMUX-nXm-U models. The smaller models are also available in a desktop case.
- Dedicated microprocessors prevent computers from locking up, ensuring reliable control.
- Fully compliant with USB standards (1.0, 1.1).
- The advanced OSD user interface with password security makes the UNIMUX USB Matrix KVM Switch simple and reliable to use in Enterprise data centers.
- Computers can be shared or used exclusively.
- Crestron compatible.
NTI UNIMUX-2X8-U Specifications:
- Eight female 15-pin HD and eight female USB Type B connectors.
- Supports PCs with USB-enabled OS (Windows 98/ME/2000/XP) and USB ports.
- Supports PCs with USB-enabled BIOS (legacy USB support) and USB ports.
- Supports SUN Blade 100, SUN Blade 1000, SUN Fire™ 240 and SUN Ray.
- Supports MAC G4, G5 and Xserve.
- Supports MAC soft (keyboard) power-on.
- Any legacy PS/2 or SUN computer can be connected by using a USB-PS2-R or USB-SUN-R adapter.
- Two sets of female USB Type A connectors for keyboards and mice.
- Compatible with most USB keyboards and mice, including Microsoft USB Intellimouse, Logitech Cordless Elite Duo keyboard and mouse, Gyration keyboard/mouse and Crystal Vision keyboard with touchpad.
- Keyboard and mouse are hot-pluggable.
- USB MAC and SUN startup keys are supported on all platforms of input devices.
- Keystrokes are translated across platforms.
|Height||1.75 in. (4.45 cm.)|
|Width||19 in. (48.26 cm.)|
|Depth||10 in. (25.4 cm.)|
|Weight||5 Lbs. (2.27 kg.)|
|Supply||110 or 220 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz via AC adapte|
|Connectors||Two Female 15-pin HD connectors|
|*A multiscan VGA monitor is required to display the different video outputs from different platforms|
|Cables||Interface cables between your computers and the switch are required for proper operation. |
Cables not included.
Answer: Thank you for your. The heat load for this unit is 35 BTU/HR.
We have received a center of gravity drawing from the manufacturer. It can be downloaded from this location for a limited time: www.kvm-switches-online.com/lib/kvm-switch/UNIMUX-2X8-U-C-OF-GRAVITY-DWG.pdf.
Question: The specs list the power consumption as 10W, can you also provide the max, nominal, and power cooling load in Watts? Thanks!
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. According to the manufacturer: max is 10W, nominal is 6W and a 10 Watt Cooling Load Max.
Question: We have your product NTI Rackmux UNIMUX-2X8-U and have no operations manuals and request information for setup and the programing options of this model if available, can you help?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
See below for the documentation for the UNIMUX-2X8-U:
- NTI UNIMUX-2X8-U Installation and Operation Manual (for units with firmware version 2.1 and later)*
- NTI UNIMUX-2X8-U Installation and Operation Manual (for units with earlier firmware versions)*
- NTI UNIMUX-2X8-U Datasheet
Please let us know if there is anything else we can ever help you with!