SmartAVI's USB2Nano extends standard USB (Universal Serial Bus) 2.0 signals up to 150 feet using a single CAT5 cable. The USB2Nano supports all USB 2.0 high-speed devices, from keyboards to printers, and will operate on Windows¨, Mac and Linux¨ operating systems. Additional USB hubs can be added, increasing the amount of devices that can be plugged into the USB2Nano.
- Supports all USB 2.0 and1.1 Devices Transparently (Flash Drives, Printers, etc.)
- Supports USB 1.1 keyboard and mouse
- Works on Windows, Mac and Linux Operating Systems
- Bus-Powered Local Unit
- Power Adapter for Remote Unit
- Extends USB device connectivity up to 150 feet
- Supports suspend/resume detection
- Supports Hot Plug functionality
- Low cost compared to hub-based extension or other USB extenders
- No software driver required
- Plug-and-Play Ready
- PC Networking
- Conference Center Systems
- Point of Sale
- Camera Surveillance
- Video Phone
- Control Room Systems
- Recording Studio
- PC KVM Extension
- MAC Keyboard Mouse Extender
SmartAVI USB2Nano Specifications
|Local Upstream Port||USB Type A Male|
|Local Downstream Port||RJ45 Jack|
|Remote Upstream Port||USB Type A Female|
|Remote Downstream Port||RJ45 Jack|
|Built In Cable Length||1 foot|
|Interconnect Cable||Standard CAT5/5e/6 Cable|
|Max Cable Length||150 ft|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
According to the vendor, the USBNano-S has a standard USB 2.0 interface that supports 480 Mbit/s and is dubbed "high speed". There are no drivers necessary for the SmartAVI USBNano-S - it's essentially a transparent cable, so any device that would normally work over USB should work.
When it comes to USB data packet integrity, this would be via CRC and up to the higher levels in the driver/application to detect data loss and handle it. The USBNano-S itself simply amplifies the USB signal - no signal degradation or data loss should be detectable at up to 150ft assuming standard CatX cables and interference from the environment.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can ever help you with!