The VE892 is an Optical HDMI Extender that overcomes the length restriction of standard HDMI cables by using optical fiber to send high definition audio and video signals over large distances. The VE892 accepts an audio-video stream from a local source and serializes the data to pass it over a single 3.125 Gbps optical link (for resolutions up to 1080p@60Hz at 24-bits). The VE892 can also extend the IR remote control and transfer RS-232 (up to 115kbps) in both directions, allows you to connect serial devices such as touch screens and barcode scanners.
- Extends the transmission range of HDMI, IR and RS-232 signals using one fiber optic cable
- Very long distance transmission - up to 12 miles (20km)
- HDMI (3D, Deep Color), HDCP compatible - signaling rates up to 3.125 Gbits
- Superior video quality - up to 1080p@60Hz
- Supports full frequency IR signal from 30KHz to 60KHz
- Uses one fiber optic cable to connect the local and remote units
- Supports wide screen formats
- Built-in 8KV/15KV ESD protection
- Features RS-232 serial port for connecting peripherals such as touch screens, barcode scanners, etc.
- Supports bi-directional IR signal transmission, one way at a time