The AdderLink X-DVI-US is the first extender to transmit both full DVI video as well as USB keyboard and mouse over a single CAT 6 cable. The AdderLink X-DVI allows users to distribute control of any computer which uses DVI video and USB for keyboard and mouse interface. The X-DVI can deliver perfect digital video at distances up to 165 feet and resolutions up to 165 MPixels per second (e.g. 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz or 3840 x 2400 @ 17Hz). In operation, the X-DVI is truly plug and play, delivering full EDID data from screen to computer ensuring your hardware is always setup to deliver optimal display performance.
AdderLink X-DVI-US Features:
AdderLink X-DVI-US Features:
- Full single link DVI extender- The AdderLink X-DVI extender is designed to deliver full single link DVI digital video resolutions up to 165 MPixels per second. 165MPixels per second is the maximum data rate available on single link DVI connections, and is achieved without the need to compress data in any way. Resolutions supported by single link DVI range from 640 x 480 @ 60 Hz (25 MPixels/s) through to 3840 x 2400 @ 17Hz (164 MPixels/s).
- USB keyboard and mouse extender- Alongside fully un-compressed DVI video, the AdderLink X-DVI also delivers bidirectional USB HID data allowing you to extend keyboards and mice over 50 meters on the same CATx cable. This makes the X-DVI perfect for distributed workstations where you want to reduce environmental concerns such as heat and noise. A typical example of this would be post production suites. By centralising your workstations, you can also extend operational life-span by ensuring optimal temperature control, and minimal physical disturbance.
- Single CATx distribution- AdderLink X-DVI requires just one CATx (CAT6 recommended) cable. Other solutions available require two cables to carry DVI and DDC EDID. The X-DVI delivers this alongside USB data over a single CATx cable. Dependent upon cable type and quality, distances in excess of those quoted by Adder may also be achieved.
- DVI-D digital video- The AdderLink X-DVI is specifically designed to carry Digital video over 165 feet. By maintaining the video in a purely digital domain, no loss of quality through D/A or A/D conversion will be experienced, ensuring the display output (LCD panel for example) is exactly the same as the signal produced by the display adapter (video card).
- Extended profile DDC EDID-The AdderLink X-DVI carries extended profile DDC EDID data from your display device to the display adapter to ensure that your system is configured to deliver optimal video performance. The extended profile DDC EDID is particularly important when extending video to high performance display devices. This is essential for professional graphics users such as post production, broadcast, architecture, graphic design, medical imaging, CAD or any other applications where display performance is critical.
- Intelligent cable modelling- The X-DVI has been designed to be used in many different environments across many different types and makes of cable. To ensure the quality of your DVI signal is always optimal, Adder have modeled a broad range of cables and integrated these models into the X-DVI. As a result, the user has greater flexibility over the CATx connection, allowing you to make use of existing CATx infrastructure.
- Interface/mains power options- The AdderLink X-DVI transmitter can be powered directly via the USB link, reducing cable clutter. If you prefer, a mains power adapter is also available.
AdderLink X-DVI-US Application Diagram
AdderLink X-DVI-US Specifications:
|Width||120 mm. (4.7 in.)|
|Height||26 mm. (1 in.)|
|Depth||75 mm. (3 in.)|
|Weight||0.7 lbs. (323 g)|
|Physical||All metal case|
|Video Resolution||Single link DVI video resolution up to a maximum pixel rate of 165MP/s|
|Extension Distance||Maximum of 165 feet using CATx S/FTP cable|
|O/S Compatability||Operating system independent|
|Connectors (local/remote)||Local end: DVI-D, USB B, optional power jack, RJ45 |
Remote end: DVI-D, dual USB A, power jack
|Power||Local interface powered, optional +5 DC; remote end +5V|
|Operating Temperature||0-40 C|